Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes a hero?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by phototec, Sep 13, 2013.

1. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    We certainly were busy watching the news right after 9/11, but I never saw this......BOATLIFT OF 9/11. You know, in the 12 years since this happened, this is the first time I've ever seen this...I don't even remember seeing/hearing about this evacuation on the news! And the fact it was all done in 9 hours...500,000 people! This is a video well worth watching. The guy at the end (same guy who is at the beginning) has some great words to live by for all of us. Watch till the end, you won't regret it.

[video=youtube;MDOrzF7B2Kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOrzF7B2Kg[/video]

:wavingflag:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Amen. Truly remarkable. Half a million in 9 hours.

That brought tears of sadness, patriotism and proudness all at once.

America.... I salute you .:wavingflag:

3. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    glad you posted it, thanks

4. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton

Gino, That exactly how I felt after watching the video, and because I NEVER knew of this before some sent it to me on Wednesday (9-11-13), I wanted to share this with others on here.

:wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :wavingflag:

5. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
    makes one wonder,....bigger than the evacuation of Dunkirk,.....unbelievable!