• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What makes Roland printers so much more expensive than Mimaki?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That's been my experience with our L26500 but it's an older unit so that may be why.

What have you seen with the color matching? That's been a struggle with ours. I originally bought it thinking it would be great for wraps but the color matching challenge has made that less desirable. Perhaps they've improved this in future generations as well.

You can send me the craziest file that you can throw at it and let me show you what it can do! I just want to show you what the 3rd gen can do! You can buy from a local dealer no problem.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Yeah, on the older gen there were some issues. Lol on the maintenance, that is just flat out not true (at least with the new gen units) There is like ZERO maintenance on the latex. The biggest wrap shops in the industry run latex. I would highly recommend reaching out to your local latex dealer and getting some prints made of your files, I think you will be very impressed with the newer models.

Mimaki outsells Roland almost in every country in the world. I think Roland America has done a great job on marketing. In my opinion, Mimaki is a better built printer. And don't forget, Roland or Mutoh does not make their own ink. Mimaki does.

Robert M

Mimaki outsells Roland almost in every country in the world. I think Roland America has done a great job on marketing. In my opinion, Mimaki is a better built printer. And don't forget, Roland or Mutoh does not make their own ink. Mimaki does.

Just did for a side by side with a Mimaki CJV150-130 and the Roland TrueVis SG540 (I sell for Mimaki, used to sell for Roland)
Roland max dpi is 900 vs. the Mimaki is 1440
Roland standard speed is 85 sfh, Mimaki is 140
Roland auto take up is 2100.00. Mimaki is free.
Mimaki is an engineering company, Roland is all about Marketing. Have a good look at both of them and see where the value is for you.