• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What makes your shop FUN?

Zac

Mediocre Designer
I have always been a big believer in having a FUN work environment, positive mind positive grind. Here's some things I do.

-My two printers names are Lucy (L25500) and Ricky (HP360).
-I make designs (usually jersey looking numbers) on my shirt with pre cut tape pieces for prints.
-Our plotter has a pencil holding down our prints and I put a small flag on it so America waves proudly as we cut designs.
-Say Good morning Sunshine, or Pudding Pop to my guys. (They're tough and it always gets them defensive in a fun way and talking)
-Wrapped my knives in 22K gold fire engine scrap vinyl.

Those are just a few examples, customers love it and puts everyone in a light-hearted mood or starts a conversation.

What are some things you guys do to keep things light-hearted in our hustle and bustle customer driven world?

kheebl

I have always been a big believer in having a FUN work environment, positive mind positive grind. Here's some things I do. -My two printers names are Lucy (L25500) and Ricky (HP360). -I make designs (usually jersey looking numbers) on my shirt with pre cut tape pieces for prints. -Our plotter has a pencil holding down our prints and I put a small flag on it so America waves proudly as we cut designs. -Say Good morning Sunshine, or Pudding Pop to my guys. (They're tough and it always gets them defensive in a fun way and talking) -Wrapped my knives in 22K gold fire engine scrap vinyl. Those are just a few examples, customers love it and puts everyone in a light-hearted mood or starts a conversation. What are some things you guys do to keep things light-hearted in our hustle and bustle customer driven world?

Did you get the names from the Trailer Park Boys?

rjssigns

Being able to "fire" myself in the middle of a summer day and take the dog to the beach, or not come back until the next morning, or to the range, or drag racing, or...:cool:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have always been a big believer in having a FUN work environment, positive mind positive grind. Here's some things I do.

-My two printers names are Lucy (L25500) and Ricky (HP360).
-I make designs (usually jersey looking numbers) on my shirt with pre cut tape pieces for prints.
-Our plotter has a pencil holding down our prints and I put a small flag on it so America waves proudly as we cut designs.
-Say Good morning Sunshine, or Pudding Pop to my guys. (They're tough and it always gets them defensive in a fun way and talking)
-Wrapped my knives in 22K gold fire engine scrap vinyl....

Wow, you guys really put the 'F' into fun. Naming your printers, what a knee slapper. Next you'll be hiring a clown, eh?

DerbyCitySignGuy

I bet Bob's shop is a blast. First thing in the morning, he insults your grandparents for being stupid and not knowing how to age properly. Then he brings in puppies to randomly kick during the day. Finally, he ends the day by pepper spraying his employees and making their children cry.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Did you get the names from the Trailer Park Boys?

I'm 25 but I grew up watching Nick@Night and actually got it from I Love Lucy. But I do love TPB and that makes the names extra hilarious to me now. Lmao. Because that's how they act sometimes.

I constantly have music in my headphones, but having a shop speaker setup is one of my goals for when we slow down (been saying that for the last 6 months since I got here.) And boy do I miss drag racing, I was just more talking about how to keep it fun AT work. =D

Bob, I feel bad that you're not completely satisfied with your "job" that you take the time to comment to try to bring down the positivity. I sincerely hope you find enjoyment in the other things you do. This place used to be so boring. Now my guys are so much more productive, appreciated, happy and have no problem taking orders from someone who's half their age.

No need to hire a clown when they have me around. :Big Laugh

gabagoo

I bet Bob's shop is a blast. First thing in the morning, he insults your grandparents for being stupid and not knowing how to age properly. Then he brings in puppies to randomly kick during the day. Finally, he ends the day by pepper spraying his employees and making their children cry.

Now that sounds like FUN!!!:ROFLMAO:

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Bob doesn't know how to get off his high horse. And yes, Bob, I know it's a reined cow horse.

Bob only knows how to put the 'F U' in fun.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We just use natural occurrences. Like the last customer who came in or the funny looking logo we're printing. Then you have the time frames these people need things. Not to mention what happened last night or the way into work. Out on jobs, it's good ol' fun... just people watching. We have lotsa fun times, but nothing like what their expectation is when they have already figured out their budget and then get hit in the face with a reality check. I almost always start laughing and ask..... who made up that number ??

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Turning out the lights in the middle of the workday and visiting the grandbabies. They're a year and eight days apart, and my lovely (and very fertile) daughter informed us that another is on the way this year as well.

Life is awesome!

JB

Attachments

• DSC_0675.jpg
    DSC_0675.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97

Vinyldog

Having a long time customer and family friend come in while the page where I had searched for chlamydia to check the spelling was still displayed on my thirty inch monitor was fun. And it took me awhile to realize why he was acting so strange.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Bob, I feel bad that you're not completely satisfied with your "job" that you take the time to comment to try to bring down the positivity....

Without drifting off into a frenzy of tortured reasoning, please explain why a couple of comments on someone else's silliness would indicate that I am not completely satisfied with what I do. Use simple declarative sentences and any charts or graphs you might deem necessary for your explanation.

For the record I'm completely satisfied with whatever it is I do. If I weren't I wouldn't do it. As far as your 'positivity', whatever that might be, if it's sufficiently delicate as not to be able to withstand a bit of light-hearted scrutiny then most likely there isn't much there to begin with. You might try to do something about your apparent seriousness beyond giving your equipment clever names.

Potlucks every three months for birthdays, holidays, etc. We always gang free stuff in on the small runs or blank areas as freebies for all the guys in the shop. Once a month is Tequila Friday. Which basically means everyone is drinking shots in the boss office an hour before close.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I was gonna say cashing checks is my fun thing, but I think tomorrow i'm gonna print bob's avatar and stick it in my urinal...should bring me a smile a few times a day.....

Andy D

Wow, you guys really put the 'F' into fun. Naming your printers, what a knee slapper. Next you'll be hiring a clown, eh?

There's no need for Bravado, Bob... Just ask them..
Never mind, I'll do it... Guys, Bob's looking to make some extra walking around money
and wanted to know if ya'll would hire him.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bobs flyer.jpg
    Bobs flyer.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 303

Zac

Mediocre Designer
There's no need for Bravado, Bob... Just ask them..
Never mind, I'll do it... Guys, Bob's looking to make some extra walking around money
and wanted to know if ya'll would hire him.

Ha!

Bob, I'm rather impressed by your ability to use 5 dollar words, but you can't bring me back down to earth, because I'm higher than your average squirt since birth, and I'll flow so sick, I'll leave your lips blue, like you was eating Smurfettes poo.

I can burp a spectacular vernacular too, and have your sad clown face sad from all the boo-hoos, like you got no shoes below 32. Do you have a screw loose or mad 'cause they didn't pick you, in middle school. Here's some things that I can do better than you. Let's start with the fact I can take my shirt off at the community pool. And let's end with the mad fact that you just got bullied by someone younger and cooler than you.

Sorry for the disrespect, apologies but no regrets. Respect you as a person, but your outlook is hurtin. I'm sorry for averting from the fact you need some inserting, and some flirting with a skirt, but sounds to me like you just JERK. So convert that negative energy, into better memories because I'm starting to believe the doctor dropped you in the nursery.

*Drops mic*

I could keep going but I really need to get these printers started.