• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material for floor decals on carpet?

Signed Out

Need to make distancing floor decals, but the entire building is carpeted. Very commercial type carpeting, don't know quite how to describe, but very thin not much carpet to it.

Is there a material designed to deal with this? They are also concerned about damaging the carpet on removal. This would be a large order, 500+ decals.

peerlessdani

Need to make distancing floor decals, but the entire building is carpeted. Very commercial type carpeting, don't know quite how to describe, but very thin not much carpet to it.

Is there a material designed to deal with this? They are also concerned about damaging the carpet on removal. This would be a large order, 500+ decals.
Probably similar to outdoor carpet... definitely something super tacky/adhesive but I am sure others have better advice than me.

I have carpet vinyl and an overlam in stock. We can help you produce this job if you would like?
We have pivoted our operations to produce floor graphics for COVID. We have produced over 350,000 sqft of floor graphics since this pandemic started. Let me know if you would like some help.

twmiller24

We use General Formulations 212 Carpet Graphic. http://www.generalformulations.com/...-d93f-4e75-afd5-810b666a4399/Concept-212.aspx

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We’ve done loads of carpet vinyls. It appears to just be a lot higher tac. Though apparently it should also remove easily in 6 months. Will report back then lol

ikarasu

Do a test before you print that many of them.

Carpets are worst than walls - A lot of them, especially business ones are now coated with a material to prevent water and dirt from absorbing... it makes it so vinyl doesnt stick to it very well. It's only happened to us at one customers place so far, even the high tac vinyl wouldnt stick - Our supplier said theyve heard a dozen or so people having issues with all the covid decals going on right now, Seems like it's mostly the newer buildings / carpet installs... So not an issue if it's an older building, but still always good to do a test.