• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material for floor safety signs ?

Xavier Elizondo

Hello everybody,

A client asked me to produce safety signs for its plant. I need it solid enough to resist forkliffts.

I already have the floorgraphic option but I am not sure it will resist.

I was wondering if the is an other material I can use for this porject?

I am attaching a photo so you can see what kind of sign I am talking about.

Thank you for your time

Fork-Lift-FloorGraphics-5.jpg

Last edited:

2B

The image looks like interlocking rubber mats, typically you don't see that under forklifts.
those tiles appear to be screened or painted.

if it is concrete then look into staining the concrete this will be your longest life span.
http://www.concretenetwork.com/stained-concrete/

another option for use under forklifts is to apply several layers of a clear resin on top of the vinyl.

neither of these options are designed for a slip resistant surface, so make sure that is not needed.
Why are they putting the safety sign on the floor? when a forklift has a pallet on the tines they are unable to look directly at the floor in front of them

Xavier Elizondo

wrong image

The image looks like interlocking rubber mats, typically you don't see that under forklifts.
those tiles appear to be screened or painted.

if it is concrete then look into staining the concrete this will be your longest life span.
http://www.concretenetwork.com/stained-concrete/

another option for use under forklifts is to apply several layers of a clear resin on top of the vinyl.

neither of these options are designed for a slip resistant surface, so make sure that is not needed.
Why are they putting the safety sign on the floor? when a forklift has a pallet on the tines they are unable to look directly at the floor in front of them

Thanks for the answer. I have just updated the photo. The last one was a random picture chose from google and it wasn't accurate.
I am now pretty sure best option is to print the vynil and laminate it with a heavy floor graphic. I will keep searching for a very resistent floor graphic.

alumigraphics.com

I sincerely believe you're in need of this. I would call them and ask their technical department if it's ideal for what you're doing, but this stuff is aluminum media and it conforms and sticks quite well to the most non-uniform surfaces, including unpainted brick and block.

Sign Eagle

I have not tried AlumiGraphics but have tried another textured material that does not require lamination. It was installed indoor in a mall and after 2-3 months we had to replace with another material because the image had worn really bad. I assume foot traffic and floor scrubber took the ink off the high parts of the texture and left the image looking washed out. We replaced with a laminated material which we have had in other malls for close to a year. I spoke with an AlumiGraphics rep at the ISA show in the spring who indicated their material would wear well, that it was installed at the outside entrances at the show. When I lest the show that day I looked at their graphics and there was noticable wear after 3 days and a few thousand people walking.

Another concern with any graphic where fork lifts rides,m many materials would work with what is called driver over but not grinding traffic, where the driver can turn the stearing wheel while the vehicle is not moving.

OldPaint

i have been doing some floor designation text for a big mill(plant).
the process they are doing is.......
1. they paint the 3-4" yellow strips on the floor.
2. i cut the text, from calendered black vinyl. weed, tape and hand it to them.
3. they apply vinyl to floor...........then they clear coat both the paint and vinyl
with from what the man tells me is some clear that is mega $$$$$$$$.
they run forklifts over it and no damage.
i also was in the air force. we had a fighter wing attached to the SAC base.
the fighter hangers opened both ends, and the floor had yellow lines all over it.
also had a clear coating, that felt more like rubber when walking on it and no matter how much water was on the floor you could not slip.

CanuckSigns

our neighbouring unit was a warehouse with multiple forklifts, a few years ago I asked if I could install a few floor graphic tests in their high traffic areas
I printed on Oracal 3561 and laminated with a textured floor laminate (there are many)
2.5 years later they were still holding up very well to daily forklift traffic, they would still be there today if the building didn't burn down...

Xavier Elizondo

thanks

Thank you for the answers.

Alumigraphics material seems to be very good. I will request a sample and let you know how it works.

Regards

gnatt66

3651 and lexjet slip resistant floor lam. forklifts every day all day they last 4-8 months. just make them aware and sell replacements.