• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material have you used for wrapping a cigarette boat

DucatiDave

I have a 41 foot cigarette boat coming to be wrapped by the end of the month...my question is, what material have you used...and did it stay, or did it peel? Also, did you apply any sealants on bottom edge of the wrap?

I ask, because reciently I had a wrap that peeled up from the bottom, and that's doesn't go over well with the client for a thousand obvious reasons... :banghead:

Thanks for your input. David

Premier Wraps

We did a 38' Scarab last year. Full wrap. Including the top. We used Avery 1005 EZ (no the EZ RS). Once the bottom was trimmed up about 1/4" we edge sealed the edge. Nothing failed on it yet. Lots of prep though. You want to get every bit of wax off of it.

mzick

I have worked on several types of boats...from Cigs to fishing to mastercraft's. The printers have always provided 3M 180CV3. The key is the prep, prime and seal. The bottom of the graphic has to be trimmed back 3/8" - 1/2" above the bottom edge of the boat and sealed w/ 3M edge sealer...no edge tape. Don't forget to post heat!!!