• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material is this?

dj_elite

Kind of a dumb question. I know its PVC, I've seen it before but never personally worked with it. I've been trying to search but don't know what to search for. I see many types of PVC substrates that say foam core. This seems solid all the way through. I have a customer trying to match existing sign boards that he already has. Its about 1/8" thick. Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

• pvc sign board.jpg
    pvc sign board.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 115

dj_elite

Looks like your run of the mill 6mm Expanded Foam PVC. Common brand names: Sintra, Kommatex, Moncor, and about 30 others!

Ok, that's what I thought. The wording "expanded foam" is what threw me off. I'm assuming its a foam that hardens to a plastic like feel when manufactured? I may be wrong. Its not like an actual foam core? I'll check those brands. Again thanks guys.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes expanded foam PVC is typically a solid core or relatively solid core. Every brand has a different density and stiffness but it also comes with an incredibly wide range of prices too.

AF

Ok, that's what I thought. The wording "expanded foam" is what threw me off. I'm assuming its a foam that hardens to a plastic like feel when manufactured? I may be wrong. Its not like an actual foam core? I'll check those brands. Again thanks guys.

It is not a foam core, but rather a sheet of dense PVC foam without separate skins.