• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions What materials are you printing directly on with a Roland SP-540 or similar

Sticker Fool

Looking for some ideas for some new products to start printing. What are you currently printing on with a Roland SP540 or other eco-solvent printers? Can I print directly on magnetic material or coroplast? I have only been making stickers with mine and looking to expand its use.

player

Looking for some ideas for some new products to start printing. What are you currently printing on with a Roland SP540 or other eco-solvent printers? Can I print directly on magnetic material or coroplast? I have only been making stickers with mine and looking to expand its use.
I have not done this, but I understand the very thin PVC or styrene sheets can be run through the printer. As far as magnetic goes, from what I have read here over the years it is not recommended. It is very heavy so it is hard on the scan motors. The thickness makes it prone to head strikes. I think there can also be problems introducing large magnetic sheets to the sensitive electronics.

rjssigns

We've printed on translucent poly for backlit work. Looks incredible.
Canvas works well. Photo paper too.
HTM for t-shirts was good as well. Clients were always happy with the quality.

You will never be able to print on coro or anything thicker than about 1.2mm or so. Can't remember right now.

Sticker Fool

Thanks for the replys. If I am unable to print directly onto it what is everyone currently doing? Just print it and then running it through a laminator to lay it flat?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Thanks for the replys. If I am unable to print directly onto it what is everyone currently doing? Just print it and then running it through a laminator to lay it flat?

Correct. Print self-adhesive vinyl, laminate (if long term), then mount to substrate with laminator.

If you're wanting to direct print to thicker materials and flat sheets you'll need a UV flatbed printer.