• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What might cause this?

mustafade

Hello Mimaki experts,

What might cause the attached picture? (yellow is not firing 100% after a normal cleaning comes back)
Well, after a normal cleaning black is gone. (picture 334)
It did it while it's printing attached picture 333.

Any comment is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMAG0333.jpg
    IMAG0333.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0334.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 106

MikePro

ink supply/refresh issues.

could either be a capping station that's not making a proper seal or an air bubble/leak somewhere above the head or a clog below the capping station or an ink pump on its last legs.

i lose my colors sometimes after a nozzle wash, because the printer doesn't try to refresh the heads all the time before doing a test draw right afterwards. try doing a disway wash after your nozzle wash and the printer will try to cycle ink before doing a test draw.

mustafade

ink supply/refresh issues.

could either be a capping station that's not making a proper seal or an air bubble/leak somewhere above the head or a clog below the capping station or an ink pump on its last legs.

i lose my colors sometimes after a nozzle wash, because the printer doesn't try to refresh the heads all the time before doing a test draw right afterwards. try doing a disway wash after your nozzle wash and the printer will try to cycle ink before doing a test draw.
2 to 3 months old, dampers, print head, capping station and pump.

mustafade

Attached picture of capping station position on the head. left mark is right near by the stainless steal frame.

Attachments

• IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 103

mustafade

Attached picture 335 is the after the 3rd normal cleaning however if you look at the picture 332 which is the 1st test draw after I noticed something is going on with yellow (same picture when I started this thread).

Attachments

• IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 142

Jason_Elliott

I had a tech at my place today looking at the printer I just purchased. Was doing a similar thing. He put a set of dampers on, o-rings on the ink lines at the joint valve assemblys which he replaced aswell on each damper and it was printing really good. Has some deflection on the black side of the head but otherwise not bad at all. Printed a couple signs today and they had alot of screened black and hell you couldnt tell anything was wrong.

He also used a lint free cloth and poured cleaning solution (I think thats what he called it) on this cloth and let the printhead sit on top of this about 10 minutes. I cant remember all the parts names but its where it docks at on the right side of the printer. Anyways the cloth was sitting on the parking spot and the printhead was parked on top of the cloth. He repeated that step a couple of times and it really seemed to help.

The one thing he (the tech) did say is "You have to use this printer" cant let it sit for days on end without printing something. And he stressed the maintenance is everything on these sort of printers. Im happy my $1200 printer is doing good as of now. I now have $1800 roughly tied up in this printer and I am happy. I will have to order some inks and media tomorrow, so I will have more in it, but not a bad start for now.

Just my $.02

Good Luck

mustafade

I had a tech at my place today looking at the printer I just purchased. Was doing a similar thing. He put a set of dampers on, o-rings on the ink lines at the joint valve assemblys which he replaced aswell on each damper and it was printing really good. Has some deflection on the black side of the head but otherwise not bad at all. Printed a couple signs today and they had alot of screened black and hell you couldnt tell anything was wrong.

He also used a lint free cloth and poured cleaning solution (I think thats what he called it) on this cloth and let the printhead sit on top of this about 10 minutes. I cant remember all the parts names but its where it docks at on the right side of the printer. Anyways the cloth was sitting on the parking spot and the printhead was parked on top of the cloth. He repeated that step a couple of times and it really seemed to help.

The one thing he (the tech) did say is "You have to use this printer" cant let it sit for days on end without printing something. And he stressed the maintenance is everything on these sort of printers. Im happy my $1200 printer is doing good as of now. I now have $1800 roughly tied up in this printer and I am happy. I will have to order some inks and media tomorrow, so I will have more in it, but not a bad start for now.

Just my $.02

Good Luck
Thanks for the $.02. lol.
My problem strated out as descirebed beginging of the thread. I too called a service tech, he came worked on the machine, he changed whole bunch of parts including the print head after he was done everything including I paid about $5K. He left, about an 30min to 45min problem was back. I called him right a way and he walked me thru a capping station adjustment over the phone and I thought that was it. But my problems still continues.
I am so PO'ed it is beyond description. I called them and complained but they are not standing behind their work. What so strange is Mimaki in Atlanta who recommended them.
He says when I left, machine was working. He never did a live test print, all he did was do whole bunch of adjustment prints.