• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What next after JV33?

jon vital

Our JV33 has been a great printer but we're looking at what to replace it with. We do quite a lot of wraps so I'm leaning towards a latex. The HP's are seemingly very popular but for everyone who says they're great, someone else will say the opposite. Anyone got any views?

papabud

Lone Wolf
as a latex user and a mutoh user
98% of what i do is vehicle wraps
my mutoh was very inconsistent on color had to let things outgas
with the hp i can print lam cut and install all with in moments of each other.
its easy to keep the machine set to base line standard so i can reproduce a job i did a year ago with a color match.
my mutoh i spend a lot of time fiddling around with it to keep it running. the hp is a work horse for me and just keeps running and running. mine is about 3 years old and hasnt seen a day of down time yet.

i do feel very lucky with my machine. i haven't had some of the problems and issues others report with their machines. i am looking at adding a second machine to help keep up with my growing work load

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We had a JV we loved until it came time for a $7000 repair. Replaced with an HP360. Color output will never be the same. Good luck printing replacement panels for fleet vehicles you wrapped from prints on the Mimaki. We do this a lot especially on sheriff cars. They hit deer all the time here. We still can't get the colors right. HP's solution? Alter your color palette. I'd hit up a tradeshow and see demos before making a decision.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
What model Mutoh were you using and having issues with Papabud? We are considering a Mutoh....

papabud

Lone Wolf
i have an older 1204. its a work horse and dont get me wrong, it has made us a lot of money. just seems like every other day i am having to do maintenance on it to keep it running. could be the age or the person using it before me never took care of it.

Quark

Merchant Member
I would suggest a newer single head version of JV150 / CJV150. We've got ours with OEM 2L 8 Color Ink setup and it is pretty perfect. I would not consider any other eco-sol printer due to extreme simplicity, robustness, and quality of the JV150 (it inherited all the best of JV33). Included RaterLink is pretty simple and straightforward for any print / print and cut jobs too. It seems every 2-3 months Mimaki is running mind-blowing deals on those

ProColorGraphics

I have an Epson S80 and love it! My previous printers are the HP Latex. I just love the color and print quality I get from the Epson.

k.a.s.

Jon Vital, did you decide what to do on this? I'm facing the same decision, just don't know which way to go.