• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What next? Mutoh print issue need advice please

Carolina Girl

I appreciate all your suggestions. I'm not to the point of getting a print head yet until I confirm all other possible issues that would affect it. As for capacitors, I do not know where they are or how to check them; and how do you tell if the fuse is permanent, seems a poor choice to have a non-removable fuse. I found schematics for the mother board at manuallib.com, but that's way over my head to figure out. Does anyone have ideas on what capacitor or fuse (f2, f3) to check for print head on VJ1204?
Thanks much guys!
-Carolina Girl

Umca

You need to check not F2 and F3 only.
Please look to attached picture. You can find all fuses what can burned.
You have to remove mainboard for check soldered fuses.

Attachments

• Fuses.jpg
    Fuses.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 364

father

I think I circled the capacitor from Umca's photo. Just make sure it's "plugged in" well/pushed all the way down.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 749

Carolina Girl

Thanks much all, will check fuses and capacitor tonight if have the time; don't realize how much you use your printer till its down and out.
CG

Carolina Girl

Ok, I've checked all the fuses and capacitors shown in the picture, the F2 fuse does not give tone which leads me to think it's blown. I do have access to a small solder, has anyone replaced this fuse before? can you give pointers? where to get? I've also noticed the F3 fuse is not working, where can I get those? any leads?
Thanks all,
-Carolina Girl

Umca

You don't need to solder this fuse.
Just remove from socket and install new one. I think you can purchase it in electrical shop or ebay, or Mutoh distributors.

Carolina Girl

This fuse does not have a socket like the others, it's soldered. I've seen the Go Microfuse that has a housing you can solder in it's place and pop in the F2 fuse, might try that. Any ideas about the F3 fuse?
-CG

Carolina Girl

Ok, all back together, my son repaired the fuses and capacitor since he owns a smartphone repair store and has all the small tools needed. I ran a few cleanings and then a nozzle check and all the inks are showing but as one big line across the media. This makes me think there is disrupted communication to the print head, perhaps the print head cable; ordering another one and will see if that may be the problem. Still not ready to invest in a print head yet. Anyone run into this print problem?
Thanks for any info,
-Carolina Girl

bobbiffxx

OMG Carolina Girl I wish you where going through this a couple of months earlier!! First off the print heads are NOT $650. Only in Indonesia and with a wire transfer. The cheapest I found is a DX5 for $1,700 and I bought it from someone that wasn't Mutoh Certified so after it was installed (by someone that was a tech but fried the motherboard) and it wouldn't work right, I couldn't get any help. I spent $3,000 trying to get it running. Oh forgot to mention it's the same exact machine as yours. So I decided to stop at $3,000. It was 8 years old and never had 1 thing wrong with it. Bought a new one. So I have a new DX5 head that has never been used. It's for solvent ink. You can call Robert or Jordan at SolventInkJet.com. to verify. Jordan Vander is a member here on Signs101. But I really think it's your motherboard. Same thing with mine. Replaced the fuses and still nothing. They are super fragile. When you started messing with it did you unplug it?