• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What printer can I use?

Dracis2

Hi everyone 1st time post I work for a sign shop that uses Eco solvent printers but I'm looking to purchase a large format printer for home and see a lot of used ink jet printer so but I'm not aware if you can print on vinyl to make small runs of stickers with an ink jet printer

Some of these stickers will be used outdoors on car windows Small businesses and Indoor use

Hp5500
Canon prograf ipf8300
Epson gs6000

AGCharlotte

The Canon and HP listed are both pretty old machines... and like SignMeUp said, they're both aqueous so outdoor stuff would 100% need to be laminated to last. Might be able to find a cheap ValueJet or latex machine that'd be more suitable for you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're gonna put this printer at home, will you have room for a laminator ?? Also, do you have small children or pets in the house..... anywhere ?? Will you be able to get a license to operate a business of this sorts out of your house ?? Do you realize, you'll hafta get commercial insurance if you're setting up a business ??

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'd rather buy a used snake than a used printer of any flavor.

Dracis2

No kids no pets not a business really just cash deals for small stuff and I own an asphalt/concretre and property maintenance company so I can fall under my insurance if need be because we are covered for all aspects of maintaining commercial property from the building to the parking lot ie window decals or store front perf

Dracis2

If I'm reading correctly the Epson gs 6000 is solvent based ink and outdoor durability even without laminate and I laminate at work by hand we only use the machine when we need to also have a pole barn 60x40 ft that is used for graphics and cnc router projects

Christian @ 2CT Media

Don't get a gs6000.... Look for a used latex 300 series or a new 115. If you need a good short run machine Rolands are tanks and older mimakis are pretty good too.