• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What printer do i need?

dstees

I am new to digital printing. I need to be able to make OEM quality decals for outboard motor cowlings. I have a roland gx-300 cutter. I need to be able to print up to 11" wide, so a 12" printer would be perfect. Hopefully, i would be able to do contour cuts on the roland. Anybody have any ideas on what i need? Thanks for any help!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Summa DC4sx or like previously suggested a Gerber Edge system.

http://www.summausa.com/products/dc4sx.php

The Summa would be a better choice IMHO as it can hold up to 5 different ribbons (colors) to do full color and has a built in cutter for contour cuts. Thermal is better, as I understand, for this type of application.

dstees

who would be a good company to talk to that could do this for me? decals are roughly 10x23". Contour cut, outdoor use. Small orders most likely.

thanks for help!

dstees

What kinda quantities ??
i'll start with 1 set (7 decals). It will probably need to be tweaked. Once that is done and quality is acceptable, we're looking at probably 10 sets to start. I would say the demand is around 30-40 sets total. Could be a little higher.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As long as you have the rights to reproduce these emblems and stuff, shoot me a PM and we could probalby get these out in a day for you. Do you need them laminated ??