• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What profile are you using to get vibrant colors with HP L25500 and flexi rip

jrnyc789

So i printed the same image on my eco solvent printer using the same rip and orajet 3164 gloss and the image comes out bright and glossy when i print it on the Latex printer it looks good but not as bright and looks more matte then glossy am i missing something? does anyone have a profile they use that gives them a nice vivid image on the L25500?

greysquirrel

One of the issues with the 25500 imo was that the ink looked a bit muted...it got better in the 26500 and even better in the 300 series...you may need to just laminate whe you need a glossy finish..

jrnyc789

i been trying all different profiles and the best print i get still looks a little faded and dull i guess like recommended ill just keep laminating everything from this printer that needs a nice gloss it helps but still feels like its missing that nice vibrant punch. i get from my other printer.

Thanks for the input guys!

SignProPlus-Chip

Photgraph type pring, or solid color graphics?

Is your source file CMYK or RBG?

Are you printing with or without color correction?

i been trying all different profiles and the best print i get still looks a little faded and dull i guess like recommended ill just keep laminating everything from this printer that needs a nice gloss it helps but still feels like its missing that nice vibrant punch. i get from my other printer.

dypinc

You really need to make your own profiles. When I first got the L25500 back when they were first released it became quickly apparent you could not threat latex inks like other inkjet inks. There is a certain sweet spot as far as ink density goes. Not enough ink and it looked washed out, too much ink and it looked muddy. There is a very fine line when setting this and I saw right away that almost all canned profile were apparently made by someone who really didn't understand this.

Most RIPs will report different values so I can't make a blanket statement as to what your total ink limit setting should be, but you should have a total ink limit target when doing the linearization that you can observe to see what is best. And probably some trial and error is also necessary. With latex don't be tempted to throw more ink at it. Often less is better.

jrnyc789

thanks guys im going to keep trying to learn this thing im sure ill get it eventually maybe once i have used a whole ink set lmao. the file i am using is something a customer sent over not the best quality but im trying to use a real world file not something i made that is perfect quality and man what a difference from my eco solvent to the HP latex. i been running some test and it has gotten better but i have not come up with anything i absolutely like i know flexi has a section to make profiles I haven't made a one yet i tried but it didn't work probably mostly because i don't know what im doing also i don't have a Spectrophotometer but i was told this printer has one built in so i didn't need one to create a profile but yea that's what im looking into now trying to figure that out.

anyway again i appreciate all your info and help good thing i didnt get rid of my old printer because it seems like this one is going to take me a while to get set up to where i am happy with the prints but im confident i will get it there.