• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Profiles do you use??

SCOTTD

We are getting grainy prints on hi speed setting, we have to print on standard to get a good print. We had a computer crash and lost all of our old profiles, when we had those we could print hi speed with no problems..

the old profiles were Roland profiles for a SP540V if that helps.

any help would be great..
Scott

SCOTTD

Anybody??

I see 28 have read this nobody has any suggestions? Is anybody willing look in their Versaworks and look to see what color profiles they use?
I need the help of fellow Roland users...

thanks Scott

imagep

We are getting grainy prints on hi speed setting, we have to print on standard to get a good print. We had a computer crash and lost all of our old profiles, when we had those we could print hi speed with no problems..

the old profiles were Roland profiles for a SP540V if that helps.

any help would be great..
Scott

Scott, my name is Scott D also.

But anyhow, I dont use your same machine or else I would try to help you. This forum is very UNHELPFUL regarding things such as profiles. Other than my response, the only one you will get is some smart arse saying that doing digital takes years of experiance.

Sorry that is is like this, it just is. This is coming from someone who has been in your shoes before and asked your same reasonable question. And I have seen this question asked over and over with NEVER a helpful response.

Maybe someone on a different site would be willing to help you out.

eye4clr

You should get grainy prints on high speed. Am I missing something here other than you think things worked better before your computer crash? Do you not remember the profile you used then? Are all your heads firing correctly? Have you done a bidirectional and media feed calibration for this print mode? Is your RIP taking over these settings without your knowledge?

Try getting a profile for the media/ink/printer/rip you're using from the media manufacturer. If that doesn't work, get one that is as similar as you can find. If that doesn't work, ask youf dealer for help. They should be very helpful if they're worth their weight in salt.

If that doesn't work, learn what it takes to tune your system to its potential. Yes, it takes time, effort, and sometime money. These things are easy to do poorly and hard to do well.

Sorry if I come across as another smart ass "this takes years" guy. But it kinda sounds like you're looking for the Make Perfect button. If you find it, let me know. I may be out of a job when that happens.

threads1

there is a Roland Users forum that may be able to assist and I'm pretty sure there is a place to download all of the Roland profiles. I'd say google it and you should get a good starting point. Hope this helps.

Fatboy

My Roland dealer have all the profiles on their website. google roland printers south africa

guillermo

just call roland, they will give you access to their FTP site where you can download anything you want for your printer, this is the second thing I do (call roland) when I don not find something in this forum, after that if my problem is solved I will share it,

The address for the FTP is: ftp.rolanddga.com
(in Internet Explorer, you must type ftp://ftp.rolanddga.com)

had the user and password but it does not work anymore, hope this help