• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what program is needed to output vinyl to cutter in corel

scootinbob

I have finally stopped using gerber composer and updated to corel draw x5 and love it. My question is what software do I need to purchase
to be able to output the vinyl to my tempo 600 plotter? Im gerber composer the have its own plotter program built in so
I didnt have an worrys.
I am also wondereing what is a good heat press since I am starting to make baseball shirts and what company
is pretty good to go through for the materials. I recently returned from the NBM Show and learned a lot
about products that can help me expand my business and thought that getting a heat press and start making
shirts is another tool in my shop to have.

Thanks Bob

OldPaint

what is a TEMPO 600? chinese cutter? if so then you can use COREL X5 to cut your vinyl.........

round man

the command language for the gerber tempo is either HP-GL or GP-GL so just about any after market cutting plugin for corel should work as they are the two most common languages used by software to drive plotters,... the two that come to mind are cocut and signtools,...but just about any software that has a plugin for corel will work

WildWestDesigns

I would try first to see if you can cut directly from Corel. I know I can to my Roland. No need to get a plugin if it isn't necessary.

Now if you need other functions, like being able to put registration marks etc, might need a plugin for that, but if it's just plain cut work, I would try just doing it from Corel first and then worry about a plugin if that doesn't work.

letterman7

I would try first to see if you can cut directly from Corel. I know I can to my Roland. No need to get a plugin if it isn't necessary.

Ok, that's a function I didn't know existed in X5. I've been using CoCut for years so I've never needed to look for something like that. How, exactly, do you send to a cutter directly from Corel?

WildWestDesigns

Ok, that's a function I didn't know existed in X5. I've been using CoCut for years so I've never needed to look for something like that. How, exactly, do you send to a cutter directly from Corel?

The way that I do it is go to print, select the cutter as the printer device and click print. That works for my Roland cutter. I don't know about other cutters though.

OldPaint

you can set registration marks in corel)))))))
CUTTING DIRECT FROM COREL........i have been dong this since COREL VERSION 3!!!! not X3 but 3)))) i started cutting from corel in 1992. i had a registered copy of LETTER ART 5.0 and used it some.........BUT COREL was where i did all the design/layout. STILL DO TODAY.....long since i quit using the LETTER ART.
YOU NEED TO GO to:
http://www.rolanddg.com/
find a plotter similar to yours and d/l the roland to corel driver. install it as a printer driver, and use the PRINT in corel to access it.

WildWestDesigns

you can set registration marks in corel)))))))

You can. I just find it easier (for myself, this will very from person to person) to use the CutStudio plugin. It handles stuff that I don't want to deal with that changes from one design to the next. Just easier. But that plugin was also free to, so that didn't set me behind on anything and that's only when I do print and cut and that's rarely.

To cut directly from Corel you need a windows driver for the plotter!

Oops, forgot that part. When I installed CutStudio (main program) that installed the driver for the cutter as part of the installation of the main program.

If the OP (not you Joe) doesn't have something like that to install drivers, have to go to that particular company's website and find the drivers for the cutter there.