• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What quick books to get?

SlightlyChilled

So I sit here looking at QuickBooks Premier, I think what should I get Retail,Contractor, Service Professional, General Business or Manufacturing and Wholesale. Im trying to get an over all hold on my stock and sales. Not that I just can't look and see what I have. If I am going to sit and set this crap up I should just do it right.

Shadowglen

I would say if you are running a business that is primarily retail stick with that we use retail and it still lets you estimate jobs, do time tracking, inventory tracking Payroll and all of the other accounting stuff you would need. so if you do some wholesale and and some service and some manufacturing I personally would go with retail.

here is a chart it is a little over a year old but it breaks down the different version pretty good.

http://longforsuccess.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/QB-product-comparison.png

SlightlyChilled

WOW thanks Thats what I was looking for...From the look of it there is only one difference to retail and manufacturing. The ability to do different units of measure....

Shadowglen

premier over pro gives you the ability to create an estimate and then take all or parts of the estimate and turn it into a purchase order. for some reason that feature is not available in pro. Peachtree also does not have the ability to convert estimates into purchase orders. it is a very handy and time saving feature for sure.

rjssigns

We have QuickBooks for manufacturing. Besides the sign side of things I weld and do custom fabrication.

OldPaint

if your small business and dont need all the professional bookkeeping functions...
QUICKEN FOR HOME AND SMALL BUSSINESS..............under $100.00