• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What resolution do you use?

What's your horizontal screen resolution?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • 1280(ish) - in event of dual monitors, list the individuals

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • More

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters

Bogie

Seems there are still folks running at 800x600... Probably a few 648x480...

I think I'm running 1280 each on my downstairs monitors, and this widescreen is something like 1680...

And I want a web site that'll be easily seen without a lot of scrolling...

So, it's poll time...

eforer

2 displays each at 2048X1536 on my workstation. RIP station and cut station are the same, but just 1 display each.

Sabre

Dual 1600x1200

Not to highjack, but when I built my design rig all of my research indicated that a high performance CRT would give much purer colours over a comparable LCD. Has the LCD technology caught up where they are perferred and/or just fine for exclusive graphic use?

Graphics2u

Mine is 1024 but I think you should consider that most people in graphics industry such as are on this forum will be running higher resolutions (except for me probably) than the average joe on the internet. You might try to search for website statistics and see if you can find an average. I think any over 1024 and the average comuter user will be doing alot of scrolling, even then many will still not see the whole page width.

Wildpony

I designed my web site at 850 wide and then centered the contents to still look good on wider screens. But yet, anyone on a 800 wide screen will get most of it on the screen.
Like Graphics2u said, us in the graphics industry are all well above the average and what our customers are probably set at.

You can look at my site and see what I did
www.wildponygraphics.net

-David

Bogie

I've been running CRTs... My LCD seems to color shift as I move around...

FWIW, if anyone's in the St. Louis area, I've still got a bunch of the 21" Dell Trinitrons...

eforer

I have a stock pile of those too. Right now my shop is all Mitsubishi and ViewSonic. Some of the new graphic arts professional LCDs are great in terms of color, they will cost you an arm and a leg and they top out at pretty feeble resolution numbers. Until the costs come down on those, and the performance improves a little, I'm staying CRT.

D

DARLAK

FWIW, if anyone's in the St. Louis area, I've still got a bunch of the 21" Dell Trinitrons...

i have an old, rather ancient IBM trinitron that sits right between my new LCD HD monitor and another 20" old CRT, i still switch to the trinitron when i really need to 'see' something. if i make it to st louie i'll take a couple from ya....

Bogie

Let me know ahead of time, because they be in a warehouse...

You know, I'm thinking that I'd really like a nice 30" widescreen... I've also been tempted to hook up the projector in the basement...

mediaman

Bogie,

I think 1024 is a safe choice for the web. Initially, I was surprised that the NY Times web size was 800 or so, but they have switched to 1024, which should be a barometer for the way "the masses" view the web. In addition, I think Photoshop CS3 requires a minimum screen size of 1024 x 768. It's hard to believe that many people run 800 x 600 these days.

GK

Design Production Computer - 2560 x 1600 (x2)
Print Production Computers - 1920 x 1200
Workstations - 1680 x 1050
FTP Server - 1280 x 800
Laptops - 1440 x 900

Back in 2001 the majority of users who used an 800x600 resolution monitor or smaller was 53% today that number is less then 20% while 1024x768 is the average resolution at about 55% (United States not global) just something to keep in mind while designing for the web.

Ken

I recently bought my first ever RC airplane..It's electric powered and has a digital camera in the belly of the plane..resolution///320.
Might get some crash and burn photos..lol
Ken