• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What RIPs support the onboard spectro of the HP700W.

dypinc

I am real disappointed that Caldera does not support the onboard spectro of the HP700W.

What RIPs support the onboard spectro of the HP700W. Is there a list out there.

Doyle

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm not sure if any do. Could be that HP hasn't built that connection in the firmware.
At least I couldn't find any info other than printfactory saying it's not possible to use it.

ProColorGraphics

If I rememeber right, when I had my 360, Caldera didn't manage that one either. It had to do with the algorithim HP used which did it's own calibrating. I thought it was weird too, but never had any issues with it.

dypinc

If I rememeber right, when I had my 360, Caldera didn't manage that one either. It had to do with the algorithim HP used which did it's own calibrating. I thought it was weird too, but never had any issues with it.
On my 360 Caldera supported it.

greysquirrel

Onyx will allow connection to the 300 series printers I’m sure it will on 700-800 however you can only use it to linearize profiles and make basic profiles. Limited swatches.

dypinc

Been searching. Checked Onyx and Colorgate, they don't support it. Can across something from HP that seemed to indicate that it was not able to be accessed from a RIPs profiling software. Damn that's going to make a lot of extra work.

ToTo

Professional Support
The way HP does it is less complicated for unskilled users. You don’t have to pay attention about the transitions, GCR, UCR. But on the other hand you are limited in gamut.

dypinc

The way HP does it is less complicated for unskilled users. You don’t have to pay attention about the transitions, GCR, UCR. But on the other hand you are limited in gamut.
HP could be ok for now critical color work but I print little of that.

jimdtg

I can't find any documentation on what measurement devices it supports. Do you know for a fact that it does?
1709612755453.png

I only see HP Latex, not specific model. You should contact HP, better SAI to have correct answer your question.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I only see HP Latex, not specific model. You should contact HP, better SAI to have correct answer your question.

HP Polestar was the code name for the HP Latex 700/800 Series when it was under development. I haven't tried it on my demo unit but that would probably be the one to use.