• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What say you about this one?

jdoug5170

A logo for your comments.

Doug

Attachments

• DeepDown Logo..jpg
    DeepDown Logo..jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 63

Malkin

I'm not a big fan of capital letters that are over 2x that size of the lower case, it seems to draw too much attention to itself and requires too much effort for the mind to join together the letters and read the word.

Maybe you could change up the swoosh to incorporate the idea of "expressions"?

...just a casual observer, not an expert.

Edit to add: The current one on that website (yours?) is better for legibility.

Fanaticus

I agree. The caps could be a little smaller, and maybe a cut-away from the swoosh around the first D so it doesn't just run into eachother. Otherwise I like it.

The name Deep Down Expressions suggests to me something that is warm, personal and emotional. Your current logo and this one seem cold and impersonal. I'd recommend a more decorative font, losing the swoosh and incorporating another kind of icon more suited to the name.

Jillbeans

I agree with all of the comments above.
I will add:
Why the swoosh?
Why the italics on the Ds?
What is it for? Looks more racery than touchy-feely, whatever it is.
Your image comes up the same size as your thumbnail so it's hard to critique beyond that.
Love.....Jill

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Looks like something produced by a representative of the typographically challenged working at full capacity, perhaps for inclusion in some high school newsletter. It has no redeeming value whatsoever.

jdoug5170

Thank you all for your input. Now I just have to figure out how to tell my partner that the design needs much rework.

Part of the reason for the swoosh and italics (to defend her at least a little) is our business has warped into much more of a race affiliated entity. I guess we were trying to put some feel of speed in there.

Doug

Marlene

Part of the reason for the swoosh and italics (to defend her at least a little) is our business has warped into much more of a race affiliated entity. I guess we were trying to put some feel of speed in there.

I'm not seeing racing in this logo at all. when I looked at it, I saw D D and that was about it. from the name and layout, it isn't clear what the business does. that isn't a problem if you advertise heavy and people get to know the name but for most companies, that isn't how it works. how will the logo be used?

jdoug5170

We have morphed into something quite by accident. We attend various racing events in our area. Anything from motocross, sports car road racing, vintage racing, and new this season, road bikes.

We set up at the tracks with our mobile setup and produce vinyl numbers/names for the race machines, provide trophey's for the clubs, and in some cases we do the event T-Shirts. From this action, we have picked up quite a bit of business from the racers, either their business or their employer. This business can be signs and banners or promotional gift items.

Certainly not what we were thinking when we started the business a few years ago but we will take it.

The logo is used throughout our business and we are just getting ready to finally do our trailer for the upcoming season so I'm thinking, time to renew our logo, before we do the work!

Doug

signmeup

Register a new name for this part of your business. Call it "Whatever Motorsports Graphics" Use the tag line... "a division of DDE"

Marlene

The logo is used throughout our business and we are just getting ready to finally do our trailer for the upcoming season so I'm thinking, time to renew our logo, before we do the work!

good time to redo the logo for sure. what ideas have you come up with other than what you posted? sounds like your business has gone in a direction so you'll need to redo the logo to fit.

routierracing

The biggest thing that bothers me is how some letters are italicized and others aren't. I'd say its not bad as a starting thumbnail but a lot can be done to improve it.

Register a new name for this part of your business. Call it "Whatever Motorsports Graphics" Use the tag line... "a division of DDE"

Was just getting ready to suggest the same thing. This would be a good time to redesign your original logo using a nice script or decorative font. Then make a race-friendly logo for your motorsports division.