• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What scrim/banner material have you found works best?

Capital Signs

Matt, have you used any of fellers products such as zeelon in the mutoh? If you have, how did they print? That is what I am using on my Roland right now.

Pro Image

US BANNER......Local supplier carries it.......It dries quicker that the ultraflex with the same profiles.......

Matt Cuellar

Matt, have you used any of fellers products such as zeelon in the mutoh? If you have, how did they print? That is what I am using on my Roland right now.

I had a customer bring some of the Zeelon to run some banners on our VJ when his Falcon was being serviced and I must say that I was impressed with the overall quality. A lot of times the cheaper scrim has so many inconsistencies that effect print quality, but the finished output was awesome! He was running full color 3x8' banners using the Zeelon gloss scrim and it was very nice. I even used a generic profile and it was money. I would be very interested to see how much tighter the color would be with a custom made profile.

BadAss

We use the Zeelon everyday. (1604 Mutoh) Works great...Love the results and very affordable, so you can keep your pricing competative...M*

mondo

I love the print quality on Zeelon too but what I dont like about it is the flexiblity. Its like its hard not rubbery enough like Ultraflex.

Hy Matt Do you sell GMI 13 oz. on 50"? I wan to try GMI too but would like to have it in 50". I was also checking out your website. What's that 14 oz Scrim banner? Is it good on mutoh? I see you have 50" of that media. How much is it per roll? Thanks matt

Capital Signs

GMI to me has been really expensive. Maybe it's one of my vendors who sold me my roland trying to price gauge me, LOL. Not that they would EVER try to do that.

Matt Cuellar

I love the print quality on Zeelon too but what I dont like about it is the flexiblity. Its like its hard not rubbery enough like Ultraflex.

Hy Matt Do you sell GMI 13 oz. on 50"? I wan to try GMI too but would like to have it in 50". I was also checking out your website. What's that 14 oz Scrim banner? Is it good on mutoh? I see you have 50" of that media. How much is it per roll? Thanks matt

Mondo, yes the GMI 13 oz gloss comes in a 50" roll. Either 25 or 50 yd lengths. I'm not 100% sure on price, but I think it's around $0.25 sq/ft. Works GREAT on the ValueJet and I think it's a nice product. The 14 oz scrim listed on our site is a double-sided smooth scrim. It prints fantastic on the Mutoh, but I believe it comes either 48 or 54" rolls, but I'm not positive about the 50" rolls. In all honestly, we've tested a lot of smooth scrim and this 14 oz (Arlon) stuff is top notch with a very competitive price point. If you're interested in pricing, PM and I'll get you info on Mon when I get back to the office. Thanks a bunch!

copythat

13 oz.

I noticed that everyone here is using 13 oz. I run 15 oz. mainly worried that anything less won't last as long with windy days. Am I wrong or is this the standard weight (13). I charge $8 per foot. What are you guys charging? That price is without graphics.

Thanks

B Snyder

I noticed that everyone here is using 13 oz. I run 15 oz. mainly worried that anything less won't last as long with windy days. Am I wrong or is this the standard weight (13). I charge $8 per foot. What are you guys charging? That price is without graphics.

Thanks

Square foot or linear? What do you mean by "price is without graphics?"

copythat

Sorry B

So you charge $8/sf without printing on it? or by "graphics" do you really mean artwork/layout/design?

The price per sq. foot is based only on the printing. artwork/design/layout
Graphics the term we use here. Is an additional charge to the $8 per sq. ft.

zgraphics

we use 13 oz frontlit glossy banner from outdoor signs company. works great and the threads do not fall apart .