• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should I charge?

stellarvinyl

Hi. Ive got a job for a 16 foot trailer. Ive never done anything that big before. Just cut white lettering. Here are the dimensions (in inches): 115x48, 58x59, 155x54. Id appreciate any feedback on what you would charge for it.

Jillbeans

The last time I did one it was about 8 years ago, a mix of paint and vinyl in one color, and I charged $1200.
Your query is rather vague, and would get a better answer if you posted pix and an even more exact answer if you posted it in the premium forum because some of us don't like to hang our prices out in public.
Love....Jill

TheSnowman

Just from what I've noticed...you get a lot further telling us what you're thinking about charging once we know you've at least tried to do the math. There's also a lot of variables in this. Cast, Calendered, Rivits, seams, doors, etc.

stellarvinyl

Sorry. Ok heres more info and pics. :) There are rivets. Calendered vinyl. Steering clear of seams and doors.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Chrimes

Lots to think about. How much does the material cost? What are your overhead cost? Rivits or no rivits. How long will it take to complete? The first step in pricing is knowing your cost. After that it is a matter of how much you need to charge to cover your overhead and make an hourly rate that you need to produce.

stellarvinyl

Thanks yall. Sorry for the gigantic pics. Ill add everything up cost wise, Just curious whats standard pricing for something like this.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Once you figure out how long it is going to take you - double up that number.
It will take at least twice as long as you think, with it being your first time.

wayne k
guam usa

Z SIGNS

You can charge whatever your work is worth.
If your just slapping some stickers on the side of the truck than you can use some of the formulas said earlier.
On the other hand you can charge a lot more if your work is superior.If your designs and execution are honed nicely and no one can compete with your brilliance and your better than anyone near you can charge a premium price for your expertise.
Pricing is hard.
Good luck with your truck job.