• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Should i get?

HulkSmash

Guys & Gals I need help deciding. I'm upgrading one of my solvents... and I'm stuck between two (what seems to be great) prints.

The HP Latex... or the Epson 6000.
:thankyou:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
They are very nice of the Epson but they are also very nice off the Latex. What applications do you plan on doing with the machine??

10sacer

To buy?

I would second the latex for the simple reason that you can immediately laminate and start installing the graphics off the latex machine. With any solvent or eco-solvent I would allow up to 24 hours to properly outgas prior to lamination.

There's also the whole issue of ventilation and such in the shop. The Epson prints very nice - but is anyone really looking for photgraphic quality on a car wrap? Over here in NASCAR-land - the majority of wraps or partials are being done with latex or older HP9000's - but then again they get ripped off each week, too.

Bigger question is is that all you plan to do off the new machine? Buy equipment based on all potential and real work you plan to provide, and always remember - a bad installer can make a great print look like crap.

My two cents...

marcsitkin

Unless you need the color gamut of the Epson, the Latex will probably be more cost efficient to run.

I say probably because it's a somewhat new machine, and has been in the market for less than a year. That said, it's built on some pretty well known technologies, and the HP aqueous printers have good track records.

I'm much happier with my Latex than I was with my Mimaki JV-3. I don't run it every day, but when I need to, it's ready to print with no fussing. It's much more like an aqueous printer than a solvent. The output quality is great for wraps, banners, window graphics, wallpapers and posters.

Also, no TOXIC fumes is a good thing!

HulkSmash

Yeah i have 2 60 inch printers 7 hrs a day. This thing needs to be a work horse. I heard you pay less for latex ink but triple in electricity costs? so in the end it costs more..