Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Size Laminator

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Jgentry, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Jgentry

Jgentry Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Hi guys I'm looking to get a larger laminator for vehicle wraps and outdoor printed signage. I want to know if I should go with a 55 or 65 inch model. It seems the most common size for vehicle wraps etc is 54" material. I don't see myself laminating anything larger than that so my qeustions is why buy a 65?

Have you used something larger than 55 often enough to take up the additonal space, weight, etc?

Tags:
  2. housemusikid

housemusikid Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Most material comes in the 54". This is what I have. I have never used any larger than this.

3. Jgentry

Jgentry Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Thanks for weighing in. Any other opinions? My printers are:
    GS6000 64" iPF9100 60"

4. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I just bought a new laminator and decided to go with the 65" vs the 54". Mainly because one day I may actually need it. Cost difference between the 2 models was not much.

Never a bad thing to have more than what you need - always sucks to have less.

5. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    we got the 64 also. It just makes it easier to lam, because of the fact you don't have to worry that much about drifting, and your print screwing up. Also the occasional 5 foot sign mounting option is nice.