• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what size panels to use on box truck?

max

okay i just got done wrapping a box truck with rivets for the first time.
and damn the rivets.... i had a heck of a time. i was under the gun to not destroy any panels so i couldnt really try too many different techniques like i have seen on videos. so to make a long story short it took me waaaayy too long to conquer it.
although i am sure i need to improve in several different ways, i am thinking one thing to change would be to work with a smaller width panel. as this time my panels were 42 inches wide. what width would someone recommend panels to be ? i think i would be much more productive with maybe a 30 inch width. the box is 25 feet long and 8 ft tall.
thanks for any guidance....:peace!:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Once you settle down and relax you will find that wider panels are the way to go.
The fewer seams you have to match up the faster the install will be.
It's a matter of practice and being comfortable handling wider panels.
Go Big or Go Home applies here I think.
Get yourself a Rollepro (or 4" high density foam paint roller) and practice with some scrap vinyl over rows of rivets. Once you've got the roller down you will be wanting to do the whole side in one piece....

wayne k
guam usa

max

i see. and yea definitely gonna be doing some practicing soon.
one other thing i didnt mention was my vinyl choice was oracal 3951ra
with 293 lam. can it be that this soft of a vinyl actually made it harder for me to install because of haw much it expanded as i was laying it down with tension? should i may have used 3551 which is calendered, but they say you can use it over rivets...
thanks again

strypguy

Stay with cast material. The Oracal 3751RA and 290 lam is a good combo for box trucks. It will save you a few bucks too.

John