• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What size should my garage be?

OldPaint

thanks gino, no.iam no neat freak, thats for sure. slob, yes!!!!! ok in that pic, we had just swept, vacuumed & mopped the whole shop!!!!!!! we have a xmas party every dec called a a GARAGE SALE CHRISTMAS! we invite all our freinds/family and the gifts are items that you would PUT IN A GARAGE SALE, from your home or something you bought at a garage sale.
and we play "dirty santa." everybody gets a number, when your number is called you go pick a wrapped gift...........OR if you like something someone picked and unwrapped, you can TAKE IT, and they get to go get a wrapped gift, OR TAKE something some one else has!!!!!! a gift can be traded only 3 different hands, then its done. so this is why the floor was so clean.......WE HAD THE PARTY IN THE GARAGE!!!!!!! most of my painting, is done over where iam taking the pic from. and paint really dont stick to that floor. the coating on it is..... 100% solids, self leveling 2 part epoxy paint.

stickermonkey

looking at your present shop layout pic#1, you are just wasting a lot of space. what is th HEIGHT in there? 14-16'? all that wasted space above the 7-8 foot you now are using. PUT IN A LOFT. at least 6 foot tall above the 7-8 you now use. can almost double existing work area. my shop is a 24' x 30'. and on one end i added a loft. i got almost another 200 sq ft of usable floor space and still have the existing 720 sq ft. you can see the loft in the 2nd pic. it is 8 ft wide, 24 long. instead of posting the outside wood beam, i suspended it from the steel i beam above it with 1/4 " steel cables.

I have a little more than 12' high...I was thinking of doing that. Or if I was to keep my office on this side of the building...I would building it up about 5 feet from the existing floor and store my sheet materials underneath the office. I had some really cool ideas for it. If you look at my production area...the printer room in the back (my old stock room) was built with 8 foot ceilings and we use the rest for storage of coroplast and light plastics. I like your idea though. Wish I could build NEW though. But...for what I got this place for..even with what I've had to put into it so far and what I will have to to get it up to par...it'll be less $$$$ than building new. Guess I gotta see it that way.

Still...if I knew this place would sell...I'd put it up and find another location to build new. For now...I gotta dream. ;)

stickermonkey

TWO STORY building. ,bay long enough for a 45 foot trailer,high enough for a double decker bus.So about 60 foot long 32 foot wide. Two story in half the 32 wide,with office and large work area on first floor. Ground floor,reception area to front of building 16x20.The remaining 40 foot behind reception to join larger bay area .That way you can have 2/3 vans plus large trailer on ground floor

That would be in my wildest dreams!! lol If this is what you have....show us!! Please! I think I may have had a little orgasm reading your discription! lol :omg: