• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What software do you use to manage your business?

WhatsYourSign?

I'm looking for something that will allow us to have clients do the following:
  • Approve artwork
  • Accept our quote
  • Accept our contract terms
I've been looking at shopVOX but this doesn't appear to include the ability to have clients accept our contract terms (more important for larger jobs like vehicle wraps).

Does anybody if there's a single piece of software that offers this functionality so we don't have to use multiple solutions?

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for something that will allow us to have clients do the following:
  • Approve artwork
  • Accept our quote
  • Accept our contract terms
I've been looking at shopVOX but this doesn't appear to include the ability to have clients accept our contract terms (more important for larger jobs like vehicle wraps).

Does anybody if there's a single piece of software that offers this functionality so we don't have to use multiple solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Contact a web developer, with detailed description of what you need.

WhatsYourSign?

Contact a web developer, with detailed description of what you need.

We'll go that route if necessary but going out and paying for custom web development isn't usually the first option these days with so many good SaaS solutions out there.

I'd like to see if there is a solution available that does this already (which is why I've asked here).

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Being a one-man-show, we just moved up from Excel spread sheets and a filing cabinet to Workflow Max by Xero. It doesn't sound like it would do what you need, but for other small-timers who need a simple, easy to learn system, it might be a good fit. It only integrates with Xero's accounting software.

Like many others on this forum, I had an extremely difficult time accepting a SAAS web-based only platform, and I dreaded the thoughts of throwing all my private data into the cloud. I'm in a rural area and previously had DSL Internet service, which was spotty at best. After upgrading to a faster (less expensive) wireless broadband and VOIP telephone service we're now living the dream in the 21st century.

As a busy and (mostly distracted) small-time operator, I was unaware that my business management needs were out pacing my previous work flow management system. Typical symptoms were misplaced quotes, work orders, frustrated customers, and slow invoicing due to scattered information.

Now, everything is in one place and easy to find. And, invoices get sent out promptly...you can't put a price on that.

I've never been big into mobile apps, but when I discovered I could carry my entire office in my smart phone, it was a no-brainer. Every quote, job, invoice, client document and contact information are all within the tap of a button.

JB

WildWestDesigns

How exactly IT savvy are you?

There are self hosting options, but everything is reliant on you.

The do have the con of you having to make sure everything is done, setup, secure etc, however, on the flip side considering some malware is so prevalent or at least appears so on the news, I don't really know how well the big boys have their "stuff" together either and some of that stuff should not even be a problem if they used reasonable IT management.

Now, some have the option to be hosted through project itself and depending on your skills, staff, time, inclination that might be the best way to go.

Look for something that is modular, but also allows for add-ons.

I tend to like open source as I can modify (what I'm able to) and get very specific functionality that may not be there out of the box. While I do say open source, not all are free. Common misconception that open source means free. Especially if you do the add ons and/or have them host it. Usually the services cost. Which is really what SaaS is.

HecklnDecalr

We use software called Vsign. It allows us to estimate with costing, send proposals and get acceptance, Schedule your jobs and track production time, invoice and sync right up with QB. You can also store all production files, proofs and designs on their servers if you want and it will be right inside the order. And, it easy to learn and set up. If you you contact Aaron I'm sure he would set you up with a trial. P.s. - I am in no way affiliated.

aaron"at"vsignsoftware.com I don't want to post his address but I'm sure you get it. Don't want him to get spammed. Tell him Evan sent you.

Last edited:

Patentagosse

Being a one-man-show, we just moved up from Excel spread sheets and a filing cabinet to Workflow Max by Xero. It doesn't sound like it would do what you need, but for other small-timers who need a simple, easy to learn system, it might be a good fit. It only integrates with Xero's accounting software.

Like many others on this forum, I had an extremely difficult time accepting a SAAS web-based only platform, and I dreaded the thoughts of throwing all my private data into the cloud. I'm in a rural area and previously had DSL Internet service, which was spotty at best. After upgrading to a faster (less expensive) wireless broadband and VOIP telephone service we're now living the dream in the 21st century.

As a busy and (mostly distracted) small-time operator, I was unaware that my business management needs were out pacing my previous work flow management system. Typical symptoms were misplaced quotes, work orders, frustrated customers, and slow invoicing due to scattered information.

Now, everything is in one place and easy to find. And, invoices get sent out promptly...you can't put a price on that.

I've never been big into mobile apps, but when I discovered I could carry my entire office in my smart phone, it was a no-brainer. Every quote, job, invoice, client document and contact information are all within the tap of a button.

JB
Sound great, I'm exactly like you (mostly distracted...) and don't really awared what my real operating costs are... 'started all by myself w/o any advises, any parents or relatives already in business providing "real life" advises on how running a shop profitably... that was 29 years ago... 'still learning everyday but also realizing I'm way more an artist than a businessman. No "mentor" in my life, just memberships on few key forums...

kalcopy

How exactly IT savvy are you?

There are self hosting options, but everything is reliant on you.

The do have the con of you having to make sure everything is done, setup, secure etc, however, on the flip side considering some malware is so prevalent or at least appears so on the news, I don't really know how well the big boys have their "stuff" together either and some of that stuff should not even be a problem if they used reasonable IT management.

Now, some have the option to be hosted through project itself and depending on your skills, staff, time, inclination that might be the best way to go.

Look for something that is modular, but also allows for add-ons.

I tend to like open source as I can modify (what I'm able to) and get very specific functionality that may not be there out of the box. While I do say open source, not all are free. Common misconception that open source means free. Especially if you do the add ons and/or have them host it. Usually the services cost. Which is really what SaaS is.

Not OP, but I have been looking for something like this. Self hosted, Open source would be great. Do you have an recommendations?

Thanks!

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I send customers estimates from Quickbooks. My terms are on there. I can attach a drawing when using email. Couldn't be any more effective or simpler.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I send customers estimates from Quickbooks. My terms are on there. I can attach a drawing when using email. Couldn't be any more effective or simpler.

Yeah quickbooks is so nice and simple for estimates and converting them into invoices with one click. I've looked into other options in the past and nothing beats QB's simplicity for quoting, invoicing and reports.

To the OP - if you're already using QB for bookkeeping you could just create templates for your estimates/invoices with terms and fields for customer signature and approval. I'm pretty sure if you're using QB online you can track when they view/pay invoices as well. Not exactly what you're asking for but with the addition of attaching proofs it does the trick.

Nick Nie

I would suggest to use the corebridge, this platform is exactly design for sign business, most important, your software need to provide the data for your future directions, like what's the most popular product, who is your valued customer, how is your marketing works etc, my sales use it to take the order, but i analysis the data and adjust the my business.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly