• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What software to use

john4mel4eva

Hi
I am looking to buy a plotter and I already ready have an old computer to run it but it only has 2 USB ports so I could do with software that doesn't require a dongle. its more so the rip software so i can send a job to the plotter but ideally i need software that doesnt use a dongle. Can someone give me suggestions for what software to use and where to buy it from.
Thanks

Malkin

The cost of most sign layout software/RIP's dwarfs the small cost of an extra USB card, or even a new computer for that matter.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The cost of most sign layout software/RIP's dwarfs the small cost of an extra USB card, or even a new computer for that matter

You can always plug in a hub. I have my SignLab Dongle in a hub and it does just fine.

You get what you pay for. Invest wisely and be rewarded handsomly. If you can't afford both rip and cut, scale back to cutting only until you can pay for rip software.

JB

Malkin

From your profile:

Plotters & Printers
Roland SP540V
Oce Arizona 350Xt
Grapther Plotter
Signmaking & Graphics Software
Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Photoshop
SignLab Print & Cut
Onyx
Flexisign

So is this list accurate?

Or are you using the forums collective knowledge to find out which software may have a working cracked version that you can torrent?

:Oops:
Did I say that out loud?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Or are you using the forums collective knowledge to find out which software may have a working cracked version that you can torrent?

Hey I heard that. Get this: I first inquired at a LOCAL hole in the wall computer store back when I was looking to purchase AI. The goofball OWNER behind the counter suggested a cracked copy torrent. What's the world coming to when a small businessman willingly screws himself out of bread and butter to promote illegal activity? He did not suggest a specific site. I don't feel bad when buy my computer stuff at the big red office store.

JB

Kemble

You can always plug in a hub. I have my SignLab Dongle in a hub and it does just fine.

Hrmmmm, your dongle works in a hub? Mine didn't when I tried it with LXi, had to be connected directly to the computer's rear ports, even the front ports wouldn't work. I haven't tried it with my new Flexi 8.6v2 though. Guess I'll have to give it a try tomorrow.

Now I'm curious....... is there a way that you can put a dongle on the network (like via a hub or something) that would allow you to use Flexi (or any other program that requires a USB dongle) from multiple computers instead of having to move the dongle each time?

Malkin

Hey I heard that. Get this: I first inquired at a LOCAL hole in the wall computer store back when I was looking to purchase AI. The goofball OWNER behind the counter suggested a cracked copy torrent. What's the world coming to when a small businessman willingly screws himself out of bread and butter to promote illegal activity? He did not suggest a specific site. I don't feel bad when buy my computer stuff at the big red office store.

JB

Hilarious! but kinda sad.

The big red store aint too bad as box stores go. It's the big yellow/blue one that has abysmal customer service and overpriced accessories.

john4mel4eva

From your profile:

Plotters & Printers
Roland SP540V
Oce Arizona 350Xt
Grapther Plotter
Signmaking & Graphics Software
Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Photoshop
SignLab Print & Cut
Onyx
Flexisign

So is this list accurate?

:Oops:
Did I say that out loud?

Yes this is accurate this is what I used from where I work. Lol it would be great if I had all this.

john4mel4eva

JB

I have a legit version of illustrator I just need a legit rip so I can cut vinyl on a plotter preferably without a dongle.

"Deposit Please"

lack usb ports ? Flexi works & cuts just fine with dongle in my 4 port hub. I also use cutting master 2 for my Graphtec so i can cut directly from illy.