• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What solution do I need to clean and flush jv3 printheads

highrolling24

Hi I have a jv3 printer that was giving to me but the heads are completely clogged up. I cleaned the lines all the way, have ink in the dampers and tried to suck the ink from the pumps but nothing. I need to soak and clean the heads. Any advise on how to go about this would be a huge help.
Thanks Brian

MikePro

search threads for butyl cellosolve and acetone homebrew.
i make my own, as well. chemicals available through sherwin williams or your local chemical supply company.

Robert M

Soaking heads

Depends on what inks the printer was running. The safe way to go is to use the solution provided by the ink manufacturer. The home brew is great for cleaning and flushing caps and pumps but you need to be careful with those heads.

rjssigns

Here is what I learned about straight butyl cellusolve. You can completely erase ink splatter off of banner material. And I mean completely. Roland's secret blend of herbs and spices would hardly touch it.

Being careful with clogged heads...? They're already buggered up. How much worse can you possibly make them?

highrolling24

Depends on what inks the printer was running. The safe way to go is to use the solution provided by the ink manufacturer. The home brew is great for cleaning and flushing caps and pumps but you need to be careful with those heads.

I am using Triangle true solvent ink and cleaning cartridges, That's what I read is to be carefull with the heads I sucked some solvent out of the dampers and pinched the lines for the pumps and filled the caps with t he solvent I hope I can let it sit and losen up the clogs then try to lightly flush out the heads.

How long can I let the heads sit in the solvent before something bad happens?

Thanks for the help

highrolling24

search threads for butyl cellosolve and acetone homebrew.
i make my own, as well. chemicals available through sherwin williams or your local chemical supply company.

I saw a post with butyl carbitol but not the one for butyl cellosolve, do you know witch one is easier on the heads?

Thanks For the help