• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What solvent canvas do you like best?

abadsvt

Hi everyone! I have been using Picasso Canvas Satin made by Sihl for my roland vp-540 but my current supplier is out of stock with that material and will have to have some shipped in for me to get any. That got me thinking. What other brands of canvas are out there and are any "better" than what i am using? I like the Picasso Canvas but i wish there was something a little "softer" to the touch. Is there any other printable canvas that i should look into? Thanks for the feedback!!!

Josh

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I sell the picasso from sihl and also these 3 below that all move about the same as far as quantity. Maybe you might want to try one.

19 Mil Satin Canvas
60"x100' $320.00

21 Mil Poly Cotton Satin Canvas
30"x100' $230.00
42"x100' $322.00
50"x100' $384.00
54"x100' $414.00
60"x100' $460.00

21 Mil Poly Cotton Gloss Canvas
30"x100' $230.00
42"x100' $322.00
50"x100' $384.00
54"x100' $414.00
60"x100' $460.00

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I've always been partial to LexJet Sunset Select Satin Canvas. It's about a buck a square foot. LexJet people are often pushy and sometimes jerks to deal with but the media prints and finishes beautifully. You get a better deal by ordering straight from their web site. If you call they want to add a charge to whatever you order, apparently for the pleasure of talking to them. Did I mention they were jerks?

abadsvt

Thanks alot guys! My supplier just called me today and told me that they just got in some Magic GFCVM canvas so i thought i would give it a try. I will let everyone know what i think about it!

BigFish- do you sell small samples of the different types of canvas? I would be interested in getting some smaller samples of the different types of canvas. I saw a canvas printed at a local winery that was soft to the touch (like a cotton feel) so the 21mil satin cotton canvas sounds appealing. Let me know.

Josh

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I forgot to mention the Intellicoat GFCVM and GFCVG both are really nice products. I will see what samples I can get for you.