• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Successful People Know About Weekends

ThinkRight

We all look forward to weekends. But are you really making the most of them?

Few people are, because we tend not to think about weekends holistically. Here's one way to look at it: There are 60 hours between 6 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday. Even if you sleep for 24 of those hours, that leaves 36 hours for other things. That's the equivalent of a full-time job. Yet many of us hit Monday morning with a vague sense of having squandered our precious downtime on activities that didn't help us recreate.

That's a problem because, in our competitive world, weekends are actually the secret weapon of workplace success. The most successful people know that to be truly productive, you need to hit Monday refreshed, relaxed and ready to go. The only way to do that is to create weekends that rejuvenate you rather than exhaust or disappoint you.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/what-successful-people-know-about-weekends.html
Maybe helpful to some , maybe not....

skyhigh

the truely successful are those that make time for their family. You only get one chance to experience your kids growing up. Once its gone its gone.

Scott Reynolds

the truely successful are those that make time for their family. You only get one chance to experience your kids growing up. Once its gone its gone.

No $h!t, I worked a LOT of weekends when my kids were kids. Now it college and girlfriends. I would give back any money made X2 to get those weekends back. :covereyes:

Locals Find!

The only work I do on weekends is in my yard and its with my kids. They love helping me plant and design our landscaping. They also love watering time because, its summer and they know they are going to get watered too.

I will miss this when they are older and no longer around.

round man

alot of people in this business are great at creating and maintaining a "JOB" ,and not a "BUSINESS",...the difference between the two is that when you leave a job,for a weekend and or a week let's just say...the job stops and nothing proceeds without the individual who created the "JOB"'s presence. A true "BUSINESS" will run by definition with out the person who created it's presence and profit the owner even if he or she is off in the tropics and or out on their yacht sipping drinks and doing whatever they please. while working on weekends is a temporary way to excel it by no means be considered a standard practice in order to succeed,....

skyhigh

No $h!t, I worked a LOT of weekends when my kids were kids. Now it college and girlfriends. I would give back any money made X2 to get those weekends back. :covereyes:
I'm with ya Scott. I worked too many weekends (and evenings)..... and when I was there, I was always too uptight and worried that I was doing everything right, that I didn't enjoy the moment. I rarely missed a ballgame or play, but then it was right back to work.

I'm very lucky tho....
All my kids finished college, and got good jobs close to home. I found out it wasn't too late to become part of their lives, and now I have gotten a second chance with my grand kids. Now, in the middle of the day, its not unusual for me to be playing dollhouse or playing on the swing set (I get to push).

ENJOY THE MOMENT !!!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It would seem to me that a successful person would be successful with or without agonizing over what to do on a weekend, not because of it.

I can tell you that whatever your endeavor, cherish the weekends for what they are; a two day vacation. When an if you retire, weekends are the absolutely worst time on the calendar. All the days are the same, only on weekends things you might need aren't available and you have to wait until Monday.

For example, I had some work done on my printer Friday. On Saturday I noticed it wasn't printing properly. Subtle, not not correct. I have been and am currently spending the intervening time until the outfit that did the work fretting over this. I can hardly contain myself until 8:30 tomorrow [Monday] morning when I can call them and vent on them.

When all the days are the same, weekends pretty much suck.

C

ColoPrinthead

alot of people in this business are great at creating and maintaining a "JOB" ,and not a "BUSINESS",...the difference between the two is that when you leave a job,for a weekend and or a week let's just say...the job stops and nothing proceeds without the individual who created the "JOB"'s presence. A true "BUSINESS" will run by definition with out the person who created it's presence and profit the owner even if he or she is off in the tropics and or out on their yacht sipping drinks and doing whatever they please. while working on weekends is a temporary way to excel it by no means be considered a standard practice in order to succeed,....
As someone who has worked many weekends to accomplish great things, I have to agree with you 100% and appreciate the insight you have shared.
:U Rock: