• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What technology prints like this??

fine point

An artist client of ours sent the images of this British artist, Matthew Stone, and asked how it's printed.
My initial guess was a print with white ink. But he was saying it was printed on RAW canvas, as you see.
And the sharpness of the print is amazing. And it looks so THICK. It doesn't look like dye-sub either.
My client was also saying it has some sort of "embossed" texture to the printed part.
Do you know what the heck this print tech is??
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.54.00 PM.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
All the prints he does seem to be labeled as, "Digital Print On Linen" My best guess is pre-stretched canvas/linen and printed on a flatbed UV with white ink and possibly clear to add texture. UV prints tend to have an, "embossed" feel to them as well.

fine point

All the prints he does seem to be labeled as, "Digital Print On Linen" My best guess is pre-stretched canvas/linen and printed on a flatbed UV with white ink and possibly clear to add texture. UV prints tend to have an, "embossed" feel to them as well.u

UV prints that sharp these days?? I have to get in on the game…

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We've UV printed direct to canvas that looked indistinguishable from the original at 3 ft. They really can produce excellent results if the machine and source files are dialled in correctly.
You can play with layering as well to get texture. Canon even have software ("Touchstone") for the Arizona range to achieve this automatically.

fine point

We've UV printed direct to canvas that looked indistinguishable from the original at 3 ft. They really can produce excellent results if the machine and source files are dialled in correctly.
You can play with layering as well to get texture. Canon even have software ("Touchstone") for the Arizona range to achieve this automatically.
That sounds promising. If you print white then colors, can the registration be so accurate? I see his work up close and i don’t see any white bleaching out.

Johnny Best

The process:
Matthew Stone’s impressive figurative practice combines the particularities of the artist’s hand with the possibilities of digital construction. Stone’s process involves painting brushstrokes on clear glass, photographing them, recreating them in digital modeling software to form compelling yet uncanny figures, and, finally, printing those figures onto linen. The U.K.-born artist has garnered a number of fans both in the art world and on Instagram, and he enjoys a thriving market for prints, pins, and T-shirts. Stone has exhibited in London, New York, and Seoul. He frequently collaborates with the musician FKA twigs, who, along with creative director Matthew Josephs, commissioned Stone to make the cover art for her 2019 album Magdalene.