• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What The Font Failed Me...

iSign

maybe someone here recognizes this.

I have a few rush jobs going for a grand opening Thursday & now he wants a banner too with the text part of his logo that I haven't been involved with previously.

I asked for the file, but only now realize it's a .jpg I cleaned it up enough to try whatthefont... but no luck.

Here it is:

Attachments

• font extend.jpg
    font extend.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 181

DPD

If you just need "CISHART" maybe you can have it vectorized instead of pounding away searching for the font?

iSign

yeah maximus was the one I liked best. The guy may get a vector file to me in time, but if not I'll show him that. Thanks for checking everyone.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I'm pretty certain that this is a font called Adobe Serif. Problem is you cannot typeset Adobe Serif. In older versions of Illustrator, when a font was live in a file, Adobe software would replace any missing sans fonts with a font called Adobe Sans and missing serif fonts with Adobe Serif. Both of which are lame interpretations of the existing font. This was in response to previous times in which missing fonts were set as Courier. It was not really a better solution, but as I guess better than Courier.

Nowadays, missing fonts are substituted with Myriad.

I'm not sure where to tell you to look to see a sample of Adobe Serif.

When I had to recreate logos sometime ago with such a font, I would do the following. It won't work with new versions of Illustrator so you can try with an old one (say v7 or v8). I would type out the letters needed in a serif font, and save the file. Then I would uninstall that font and then reopen the file. It would then sub the missing font with Adobe Serif. I could then convert the font to curves and voila, a vector version of Adobe Serif. Nowadays, as mentioned Illustrator just subs out Myriad which does you no good. I no longer have anything older than v10 on any of my machines

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You can type it out in one of the Japanese typefaces (at least on a mac) and it will work....the only thing is a few of the letters are stretched and pulled differently and they modified the "T"

iSign

Thanks for the information Eric!

I have illustrator 9 installed & it subs myriad... but I should still have discs for version 8, and possibly for 7.

I think I'll hold out for the client getting me the file before installing an older software... but if anyone is running an older version already I'd not turn down a handout :rolleyes:

Samm

Yeah I had seen it, I'm with Eric, Adobe Serif - old Mac font book I have.

Maximus and Rottion were as close as I could get.