• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What the heck is IJ-40 anyway?

Calendared vinyl print media can be categorized into two types: Monomeric and Polymeric. Monomeric SAV uses monomeric plasticizers, while Polymeric vinyl uses polymeric plasticizers. Polymeric films tend to be more thermally stable, shrink less, last longer, and cost somewhat more than monomeric vinyl. 3M IJ35 is monomeric and IJ40 is polymeric.

ikarasu

Calendared vinyl print media can be categorized into two types: Monomeric and Polymeric. Monomeric SAV uses monomeric plasticizers, while Polymeric vinyl uses polymeric plasticizers. Polymeric films tend to be more thermally stable, shrink less, last longer, and cost somewhat more than monomeric vinyl. 3M IJ35 is monomeric and IJ40 is polymeric.
I get to correct you for once! How the tables have turned :cool:

Ij35 is polymeric as well.... I don't think 3m Does anything monomeric.... At least nothing we use. Mono shrinks so much.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Controltac for the adhesive, IJ35 is made in China and IJ40 in the USA and I'd venture to say there is a different blend in the PVC and maybe more UV inhibitors.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
IJ35 is a polymeric. The difference between the two is perm (35) vs. removable for some time (IJ 40). The IJ 40 film is a better film...not as brittle. IJ 35 is priced well (I compete with it all the time) and I believe IJ40 is extremely overpriced. I cringe when I see people using IJ40 for simple things like floor graphics when they could be using a much less expensive removable film that would do the exact same job.

1686747949175.png