• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What the heck is this?

Joop

Hey folks,
This happened on the last large job I printed, but printed some small stuff in between and it didn't happen, then back to a large job today and I get this... good thing it's a logo I did for a plumber... looks like it was on purpose. I could get away with this one.

See the blue stripes coming off the edge of the graphic? There are some of the same streaks on the inside of the graphic too... not sure why it's happening... help!

Oh and I am printing on GMI cast... on a vj 1604.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 83

briderx

Is this after you roll it? I'd say it looks like the prints are touching each other and are still wet. The other thing would be to check your heads.. They might be dirty and streaking across.

DRPSignsNGrafix

I have had this problem a lot in the past. Ended up grounding out the roll, and regrounding out the machine. It worked. Then grounded machine itslef out. Take a use one of the holes on the stand and hook a wire to it. THen run that to a REAL ground. I went to the same ground block that time warner put in for the road runner. It's grounded out side someplace. No more problems.

Joop

how do I clean an encoder strip? This photo was taken right after the printer finished printing. I have a take up reel and there hasn't been much static that I am aware of. I have had this roll of vinyl in the machine for the last week, no moving it at all. I clean this thing from top to bottom at the end of every day!!!

Joop

I have had this problem a lot in the past. Ended up grounding out the roll, and regrounding out the machine. It worked. Then grounded machine itslef out. Take a use one of the holes on the stand and hook a wire to it. THen run that to a REAL ground. I went to the same ground block that time warner put in for the road runner. It's grounded out side someplace. No more problems.

Hmm, well I'm glad you know how to fix it, but I don't know how to ground out a roll of vinyl!! haha. I guess I could look around and find a way to ground out the machine, I do have some coax cable in that area... does cablevision ground their stuff?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure where its located in your machine, but the static issue and grounding it [that's a connected problem]..... like DRP mentioned would be an easier approach first.

Joop

Okay I went and looked at the encoder strip and there does appear to have some stuff on it. I'm going to clean that and the disk behind the far cover with some denatured alcohol... I might not even have to ground the machine if this works.

henryp

Okay I went and looked at the encoder strip and there does appear to have some stuff on it. I'm going to clean that and the disk behind the far cover with some denatured alcohol... I might not even have to ground the machine if this works.

I would only use a clean rag moistened with warm soapy water.