Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the Heck was he thinking!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by MGraphics, Feb 8, 2011.

1. MGraphics

MGraphics Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Doing a job that our old sales guy quoted right before he left..... 32 - 33" x 88" Double sided Light post banners with sewn pockets top and botton..... here is the kicker..............................................................................$59.00ea:omg2:!!!!!!!!
    This is insane!!!! what do you think they should of cost???? i was thinking more like $200.00+

Ryan:banghead:

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    For 32 I would be at $125 each full color, two sides, 16 oz, pole pocket top and bottom.
    What, did he leave on a bad note????

3. MGraphics

MGraphics Member

Jun 14, 2010
    yeah he just came in one morning and split.... thanks for the input !!!!!

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Hope that DOES NOT include the hangers!! Tell the customer there was a mess up and to take it up with the salesman, unless they are a good customer. Otherwise you are going to be stuck at that price. They could spead the word on the price and you will be stuck explaining this for a long time!!!

5. MGraphics

MGraphics Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Yeah... apprently this is our last job with them anyways so hopefully no one else will come back at that price..... that guy would sell his kid for some cheap commission!! lol

6. I have known salespeople who get their rocks off, just making the sale. Profits be damned.

7. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Out source them to one of the bigger wholesale guys and you can still make some money on them without much more than a few emails/phone calls.

wayne k
    guam usa

8. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Why would you let him? Confused as how you would let a salesman do this to you. Do they get 100% free reign to throw any price out there they want? In my opinion that's a quarter of market value, and you're still going through with the job?

you're literally losing $ by wasting your time on this job. Why make your customer happy if you already admitted they're not buying from you again?

9. MGraphics

MGraphics Member

Jun 14, 2010
    not my company...... i just run the machines..... but i agree

10. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

33 x 88 2 sided...... we would be around $100.00 and thats putting $50.00 each in our pocket...... outsourcing is a beautiful thing...