Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the name of this font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Ricsy84, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Ricsy84

Ricsy84 Member

Nov 7, 2019
    Romania
    Somebody know the name of this font type?I also know a hand worked job,but also is there a font which is the same.Thanks in advance guys..

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Not sure of the typeface, but you sure have a lotta misspellings................................................... :smile:

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    101% definite that it's a hand cut typeface. With that said, you could pretty much do what you want for a date cutting, so long as it's close to what's already there.

There are significant differences between the same characters, and that's to be expected. Your only challenge will be to hand work (chisel) the panels to resemble the existing.

With that said, there seems to be a lot more hand tooled memorials in Europe than the US, with each reflecting the individual talents of each artisan, and I like that. Everything here in the US typically looks identical. I'm personally rebelling against those "cookie cutter" shops by offering natural boulder memorials...and no two ever look the same.

JB

4. Ricsy84

Ricsy84 Member

Nov 7, 2019
    Romania
    No name for font?I can cut and do it with hand..

5. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    No name I know of. Typically, artisans (like the one who made your stone) use a mixture of elements from many typefaces.

JB

6. Dayandnightsigns

Dayandnightsigns New Member

Jul 14, 2020
    San Diego
    The image is too blurry to see, can you upload a bigger image?

7. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    Gagarin might give you a base to work from.