• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to do with equipment

Mf

I have been trying to sell some equipment and I believe my racks will sell first. I have a cameo clam shell printer. Can I screen print croplast type signage and run them through a gas dryer at high speed? Is there really even a large market for corplast type signage? I'm on the west coast unless its political season what do you do. It's not our typical market place to use this type of equipment

Bill Modzel

There is a market but not what it used to be as the UV flatbeds are taking it over. They're hard to compete with once you get over a one color job.
I'm not sure on the "high speed" gas dryer either. If you are going to set up a screen line us UV curable inks and a UV reactor you will truly have a high speed line but if all that you are printing is coro you'll never have enough volume to pay for it.

Mf

thanks bill for the reply i think im gonna keep trying to sell off what i have ive been able to sell all my racks and equipment next.....

Billct2

The market has really been changed by all the flatbed printe/wholesalers. I never liked screening anyhow. When I tried to sell my equipment there wereen't any takers, even for the racks, they got scrapped. I still have a bunch of aluminum screen frames which I thought I could use as sign frames.