Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with equipment

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by Mf, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Mf

Mf Member

Dec 4, 2012
    I have been trying to sell some equipment and I believe my racks will sell first. I have a cameo clam shell printer. Can I screen print croplast type signage and run them through a gas dryer at high speed? Is there really even a large market for corplast type signage? I'm on the west coast unless its political season what do you do. It's not our typical market place to use this type of equipment

Tags:
  2. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

There is a market but not what it used to be as the UV flatbeds are taking it over. They're hard to compete with once you get over a one color job.
    I'm not sure on the "high speed" gas dryer either. If you are going to set up a screen line us UV curable inks and a UV reactor you will truly have a high speed line but if all that you are printing is coro you'll never have enough volume to pay for it.

3. Mf

Mf Member

Dec 4, 2012
    thanks bill for the reply i think im gonna keep trying to sell off what i have ive been able to sell all my racks and equipment next.....

4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    The market has really been changed by all the flatbed printe/wholesalers. I never liked screening anyhow. When I tried to sell my equipment there wereen't any takers, even for the racks, they got scrapped. I still have a bunch of aluminum screen frames which I thought I could use as sign frames.