• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to do?

phototec

I have a Roland SP-540V and will be going out of town for a week, what is the best way to leave the printer so the heads don't get clogged?

Would it be good or bad to leave a few drops of cleaning solution in the cap tops for the week, or will that damage the heads?

Any suggestions would be helpful...thanks

player

If it is only 7 days, I would do a thorough manual clean, print something, do another manual clean, being sure to put cleaner in the caps, and let it sit for the week.

If you have someone who would come in and press the cleaning button for you there would be zero problems...

My SP has gone 2 weeks before without any problems during the christmas holidays. It just did its normal cleaning process while I was gone. Started printing fine when I got back in January.

2B

7 days is nothing to worry about, turn the machine of and let it run its own cleaning cycles

splizaat

Jesus you guys are overkill lol. The printer is completely self sufficient as long as you leave the main power on. It'll clean itself once a day....just make sure there's ink in the cartridges.

We left ours for a month, came back and it was still 100%. That's what they're designed to do.

player

The last time the OP went away for a week his heads were very clogged and he may still have some deflections from it. He may have got some new caps that might improve the sit time though.