• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What type of fuse do I need?

stolan

I have a Viper TX, which is basically a Falcon II. I blew a fuse and am going to do repairs, but I need specs for the fuse:
Package size (dimensions)
Current rating (Amps)
Voltage rating

If you have a source for these, that would be helpful (other than normal Mutoh parts dealers). I'd like the type that uses a fuse holder so I don't have to go through all this if it blows again.

I've found threads talking about this issue, but none gave complete specs on what fuse to buy.

Picture of fuse enclosed

Thanks
stolan

Attachments

• IMG00009-20091116-0735.jpg
    IMG00009-20091116-0735.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 85

eldominico

This is what I used

I have done a few replacements on Mutoh Falcon's witch by the way have the same main board as yours with an automotive fuse holder and a 1AMP fast acting fuse, for me it works fine; but I advise you to first look for the source of the problem, your fuse blew up for a reason, if you can't find the problem start wit a 250mil Amp fuse and if it blows step up to 1/2 an Amp, if you blow it without printing there is something wrong with your printer, or you can order an original one for $50.00 is up to you, the difference between the original and an automotive is $49.50 if you blow it again:rock-n-roll:
Another good source for cheap surface mount fuses like the original one are old seagate or western digital HDD, if you have an old HDD flip it over, there are some suckers with similar ratings and shape