• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What type of vinyl is this on these sign panels?

JERHEMI

A customer is interested in me changing out one of the panels on this sign she sent a pic of. My question is...do you think this is just black vinyl? It looks like a dark gray but can't tell. Is there some sort of standard special vinyl for directory signs like these? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 129

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To me, it looks like tan or beige vinyl on duranodic acrylic or aluminium.

If it's the other way around and it's beige acrylic panels, then its duranodic vinyl, cut in reverse, which only comes in translucent.

Billct2

or is it reverse lettered acrylic illuminated panels?
In any case it looks like it's been changes a few times with various shades of material (which could be from fading).
And who ever's been doing it doesn't know how to layout a simple sign.

JERHEMI

I think it's looking like Duranodic as well! Never done a sign like this yet, so thanks for your help everybody! :thumb:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
No way to match this accurately from an image on a computer. Every camera phone, digital camera and monitor are different and we don't know if it is backlit.

Grab every swatch book you have and take a look at the actual sign for a match. If they're just looking for a ballpark price and you can't afford to waste any time, quote the most expensive option, translucent/opaque matte black, and the cheapest option, cast vinyl. I personally wouldn't offer a calendared vinyl option.

J Hill Designs

dont know how anyone can tell duranodic vs trans black based on the picture....would need a site visit in my opinion

trans vinyl on acrylic or poly nonetheless

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd say 90% of all cabinets are made using one of the duranodic colorings, which there are maybe 20 varieties, but still all look very similar. On my main shop monitor, it was very easy to see the color of the panels were similar to the can and dividers. Looks like several shops have worked on it, as they varied in color. Nonetheless, none of them looked black to me.

However, on my tablet, they appears to be black. Guess it all depends on your monitor setting or just the law of averages.

Visiting the site will be the best answer, if you don't wanna take a chance.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
for sure it ain't black vinyl...

Attachments

• what color 2.jpg
    what color 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 113
  • what color.jpg
    what color.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 101