• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vehicle wrap material do you use?

Stormyj

Just another guy
Just curious what material and laminate everyone uses. Personal experiences? How it takes ink? Im using sc540 solvent inks. Just got a new truck and Im going to play. :) Id like to maybe start out with a nice big hood wrap with my logo on it, or partial wrap on the truck. Unfortunately, its a darker maroon color so I have to take that into consideration. Thanks

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
3M IJ 180C v3 / 8518 combo. Costs a little more than some others, but worth it.

neil_se

We've been using Avery MPI 1005/DOL1360 for the past few months (changed from Arlon DPF6000XRP) but I'm concerned that the print colour has been significantly different side-to-side on the roll. I need to investigate whether that's the media or printer (l26500).

SolitaryT

I've used 3M 180Cv3, 380, Oracal's RapidAir stuff, and Avery's stuff, and I think the 3M 180Cv3 is the best. For future note, though, if you're ever going to do a relatively flat partial wrap, try the 3M IJ-40C. Calendered, but like... high-end calendered... that stuff works great, too, as long as it's mostly flat or gently curved.

T

TonyC

3M here..

We use 3M IJ180 with 8518 for contour surfaces and rivets. We been using the 3M IJ40 with 8508 laminate for flat surfaces about 8 months. So far no problems but time will tell.

AboveAllGraphx

Oracal

I've used 3M 180Cv3, 380, Oracal's RapidAir stuff, and Avery's stuff, and I think the 3M 180Cv3 is the best. For future note, though, if you're ever going to do a relatively flat partial wrap, try the 3M IJ-40C. Calendered, but like... high-end calendered... that stuff works great, too, as long as it's mostly flat or gently curved.

The absolute BEST High Performance Calendar vinyl on the market is Oracal 3551RA w/290G Lam. We've been doing fleet trucks with that combo for 10 years, we give a 7 year warranty on fading, it's South Florida..........and it holds up the entire 7 years before we re-do the fleet. 3M IJ40C is good to, but it doesn't compare to 3551RA print quality, or durability. IJ 40C will shrink about 1/8" after 2-3 years, Oracal 3551RA might shrink 1/16 of an inch after 4-5 years. That's also why 3551RA is about $100 more too.....

grafixemporium

180cv3 / 8519 on 99% of what we do since the day cv3 came out. Not one complaint... except for the random, periodic price increases. I'm thinking with the price of oil down to a four year low, 3M should be passing along some price decreases next year!

grafixemporium

The absolute BEST High Performance Calendar vinyl on the market is Oracal 3551RA w/290G Lam. We've been doing fleet trucks with that combo for 10 years, we give a 7 year warranty on fading, it's South Florida..........and it holds up the entire 7 years before we re-do the fleet. 3M IJ40C is good to, but it doesn't compare to 3551RA print quality, or durability. IJ 40C will shrink about 1/8" after 2-3 years, Oracal 3551RA might shrink 1/16 of an inch after 4-5 years. That's also why 3551RA is about $100 more too.....

Scotchcal adhesive on a full wrap? I'd want a signed waiver that someone else is doing the removal. Screw that.