• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What version of Wasatch SoftRIP for connecting multiple JV4s/JV3s?

Anyone else on here running multiple Mimaki Firewire printers from Wasatch SoftRIP? If so, what version are you running. I know that doing this requires having two separate PCI cards in the computers and the firewire driver of 2.20 or above but I imagine that older versions of Wasatch would need to be updated too. My customer has SoftRIP 5.0 which is probably a bit long in the tooth for this. Any info would be appreciated.

I'd call Wasatch directly but unless you have a paid contract it's damn hard to get hold of anyone.

Thanks!

Rooster

I have 6.4 and it can handle up to four devices.

Wasatch has vendor specific models of their rip. I bought the mimaki edition that contained only the mimaki drivers and it was a big savings over their regular rip that can handle printers from any manufacturer.

I'm sure if you were you to add a printer from another manufacturer, that you could upgrade the rip to handle it as well. Who knows what the cost might be? I'm in the same boat. They won't talk to me either unless I send them money.

Nice RIP, crappy service.

Cmind335

I have (2) JV3's (160sp and 250sp) and have run them on Wasatch 6.0 for the last 2 years both on Firewire with no problems. In other to run them both on Firewire, you'll need 2 cards installed on your computer.