• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vinyl and laminate to wrap a pickup constantly scratched by thorns

chafro

Hi guys this is for a job to camo a pickup for a Texas brush hunter. What vinyl and what laminate would you guys recommend? Client wants it to last a long time. And I know the place and the car painting can get a beating from the thorns and brush sticking into the road. The idea is to camo the truck and protect the original painting at the same time.

Is laminate really necessary?

Thanks

ddarlak

Go Bills!
sounds like he might be wanting a little more than vinyl and lam can handle...

ask him if he ever heard the saying, you can't have your cake and eat it too.....

Snydo

I would reccomend Oracal Stone Guard film series 270 over the areas that are flat, thorns will never hurt it. If you dont Laminate your graphics will rapidly fade in the Texas sun.
Oracal and Avery both make quality wrap films.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have in-expensive house brand vehicle wrap material for $450 shipped - air release calendar vinyl + gloss or matte lamination film. Both materials are 54" x 150' shipping out of California. We sell them to commercial sig shops who wraps box trucks, semi trucks.

Francis Kao
Premier Colour
949 209 7306

Turtle

I use general formulations Motomark 238-12 armor laminate for a heavy duty laminate. Pair it with your vinyl of choice (I use 180-cv3). It is rugged.
Downsides... it won't take to well to complex curves and it is glossy (most camo jobs are matte). I would wrap the "wear" areas (sides and tailgate) with the armor and the rest normally.

Christian @ 2CT Media

you could use a matte paint protection from 3M... They make paint protection films that are ultra durable and conformable. One of our friends here installs paint protection films on entire bugattis, ferraris, lamborginis, etc.

chafro

Thanks guys. really helpful information.

im not really into wraps but this is more of a job to a good friend. I might try it on my hunting truck first!

Last edited: