• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what vinyl to use?

Mailmom

I am wanting to print some stickers on black vinyl.
I had some Oracal and tried it, but the Summa DC4sx leaves a
coating across the vinyl. Looks almost cloudy?
Probably from the heat?
Any suggestions of what vinyl would be best?
I print almost exclusively on static cling, so do not have much experience
with what vinyl to get for my Summa.
Thanks for any help!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We have had mixed results similar to what you describe with Oracal films on our Gerber Edge. It will print with severe dropping out of the impression. The strange thing is that if we switch to a different foil color the problem does not appear on the same roll of vinyl. To me it seems like the surface of the Oracal has a slick, oil like substance on the surface but since it prints a different foil successfully, I have to doubt my own observation. I do not think it has anything to do with the heat though.

To resolve your problem, I would recommend that you bring in a roll of 3M 7125 Electrocut vinyl.

Asuma01

I have to say. And this is just for me personally. If I'm having annoying vinyl issues. Every time I have went with 3M I havnt been let down. I use lots of brands of vinyl. But if I start having problems I will switch to 3M immedately until I can figure out whats going on. In my experience their quality is pretty unmatched. You for sure PAY $$ for that quality though.