• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What will it print on???

Latigo

Better yet, what won't it print on?

So far it prints on:
Paper
Digital films, of course
All standard premuim cast vinyl films
All extruded economy vinyl films
All metallic vinyl films
All Ultra Metallics
Gold and Silver Mylar, but...........

You'll need to set up the print begin perameter manualy. It seems the light reflection from the Mylars confuses the sensor eye.

This one incredible machine.
Got to get back to making dollars. Hey! I hadn't thought about that! Making dollars! Do you think............................... :omg:
:Big Laugh

Latigo

Ok, probably when we close at 2pm today I'll get some time to set up some shots.
The heat is a lot more, but it's also why we have a filtered air intake and evacuation fan setup in the HP clean room.
Its a smaller squirrel cage evacuation fan and it keeps the room at about 72 degrees.

Si Allen

Latigo ....

Got to get back to making dollars. Hey! I hadn't thought about that! Making dollars! Do you think...............................

My uncle made big bucks with one of those!

Trouble is that they were 3/16th too big ... now he is doing 20 years in prison!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HulkSmash

Ill post a Few pics. I can tell you right now, this thing is pretty incredible...
I've had it up and running since Tuesday, I've already printed several vehicle wraps on it, like 6,000 labels, a ton of cooler wraps, and I'm still over 90% on all inks.....i think they'er 750ml's, our old printers were 1,000 ml's and they would of been easily 30% gone with this amount of printing. The print quality is just........... unreal, it's a little slower then my other printers, but it's because it cures the ink on the spot.... comes off dry, ready to laminate...

a beautiful machine. Can't wait to get my second one!

Attachments

• IMAG0462.jpg
    IMAG0462.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0465.jpg
    IMAG0465.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG0466.jpg
    IMAG0466.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0467.jpg
    IMAG0467.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0451.jpg
    IMAG0451.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0469.jpg
    IMAG0469.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0470.jpg
    IMAG0470.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG0471.jpg
    IMAG0471.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0473.jpg
    IMAG0473.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 115

sar bossier

@ Colorado ... I am SSSOOO jealous! Still paying off the Roland, before I can get one. Have seen it in action several times ... LOVE IT!!

ProColorGraphics

I absolutely love my new L25500 too!! I haven't had a chance to print a lot off of it yet, but have many jobs in the works. I will post some pics as soon as I can too.

HulkSmash

Awesome, thanks for the pics Adam!

How do you like working with the printed wrap panels off that thing?

Pat............ Words can't explain. Printing is just fun now...
We haven't put it to the ultimate test yet, when it comes to testing it on high curve installs. Mostly just vans, and some coolers for wraps. But next week we got a couple cars...bumpers will be the ultimate test! But my installers love it so far... and the quality is just amazing.

I'm telling you this thing has been running 8 hrs a day this whole week, and the ink is still FULL... ever after the initial ink fill...

I think by the end of next week.... the printer would have paid for itself already............

andy

Pat............ Words can't explain. Printing is just fun now...
We haven't put it to the ultimate test yet, when it comes to testing it on high curve installs. Mostly just vans, and some coolers for wraps. But next week we got a couple cars...bumpers will be the ultimate test! But my installers love it so far... and the quality is just amazing.

I'm telling you this thing has been running 8 hrs a day this whole week, and the ink is still FULL... ever after the initial ink fill...

I think by the end of next week.... the printer would have paid for itself already............

I've read about these new machines with a great deal of interest.....is this the machine which you think finally delivers what a large format digital printer should be?

We adopted wide format digital printing in the era of the Encad type machine and the horrible experiences put us off anything print related ever since. Glancing at some of the threads relating to solvent and eco solvent machines the same kind of problems appeared to be still prevalent... endless amounts of parts which needed almost constant replacement, horrific amounts of ink wasted during cleaning & purging cycles.... a machine which needed time & money lavished on it in order to get the damn thing to actually print.

If these new HP machines allow you to just print what you need to print without all the hassle and @rseache even I might be tempted to look again at the whole printing thing.

These machines use a nicer ink system, require less maintenance and use inexpensive throw away heads... is that right?

HulkSmash

andy,

No maintenance, i just do head cleanings once a week, (5 minutes and the machine does it)

You send to print, and actually prints what you want it to print. No more worrying about weather this panel will be the same as the last. It's great.

Latigo

Ok. Here we go.
First, no slam against the Mutoh at all. It ran hard for 8 years and even though there sure some issues, I learned a tremendous amount about the Falcon with hands-on maintenance and repair. (Thanks to a very cool sympathetic in-house Mutoh tech we were mistakenly routed to and NO thanks at all to Mutoh Corporate. They're the worst backup from a mfg in existance)

So we built a Clean Room for a reason. In the studio area of our facility we have the Mutoh, and we always considered the studio as being "clean". We soon found out it wasn't, so we taped a length of 48" carrier to the top of the Mutoh and draped it down the back to cover the roll at it fed into the printer. That kept the print itself absolutely clean.

We decided that the new clean room had to be small for two reasons. Its easier to contol the air flow and the room temp. We solved the loading problem by keeping the right side of the unit where the door opens. Open the door, load the film and close the door.

There are two intake filters... one inside and an opposing one outside, both down low near the right side of the unit. The evacuation fan is on the opposite end of the room and up in the ceiling. This draws air away from the printer. The room is obvioulsy not finished, but it is sealed. We'll finish the interior as we get the time.

It's well lit and glass will replace the clear visquine now stapled and sealed in place. There are 4 windows. The evacuation fan vents the warm air directly into the shop to help with shop heating in the sub-zero winters we get here.

We never find dust or any foreign particles whatsoever in our prints. Keeping the film clean before it enters the printer is a huge deal for us. Econmy unlaminated or premium lamninated, every one of them is flawless.

As for the HP itself,.... they must be insane to offer a unit like this for that kind of money. The photos aren't the greatest but we're short on time. We're trying to print on fabric on monday. Nothing else we've tried has failed yet to give us a perfect print.

Attachments

• Printer room 003.jpg
    Printer room 003.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Printer room 008.jpg
    Printer room 008.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Printer room 007.jpg
    Printer room 007.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Printer room 006.jpg
    Printer room 006.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Printer room 001.jpg
    Printer room 001.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Printer room 009.jpg
    Printer room 009.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Printer room 011.jpg
    Printer room 011.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Printer room 014.jpg
    Printer room 014.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Studio 001.jpg
    Studio 001.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Studio 002.jpg
    Studio 002.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Latigo

You mean like 2mil acetate or tanslucent sign substrate? :Big Laugh

Attachments

• Studio 005.jpg
    Studio 005.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 105

sar bossier

Better yet, what won't it print on?

So far it prints on:
Paper
Digital films, of course
All standard premuim cast vinyl films
All extruded economy vinyl films
All metallic vinyl films
All Ultra Metallics
Gold and Silver Mylar, but...........

You'll need to set up the print begin perameter manualy. It seems the light reflection from the Mylars confuses the sensor eye.

This one incredible machine.
Got to get back to making dollars. Hey! I hadn't thought about that! Making dollars! Do you think............................... :omg:
:Big Laugh

See this for printing $ tips n tricks:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/csi_ny/episodes/66610

ForgeInc

clings and thin plastic substrates are tough on our lx800, gotta get the heat/cure just right. thin banners are tough too, especially double sided but that was before we switched to the new inks.

Suz

clings and thin plastic substrates are tough on our lx800, gotta get the heat/cure just right. thin banners are tough too, especially double sided but that was before we switched to the new inks.

Forge- is the "new" ink that you have on the LX800 the same ink used for the L25500 (?) Just curious.