• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Would Be Your Next Flatbed?

Danskitt

I am looking to update our Vutek QS 2000 to a more recent machine and possibly going wider than 2000mm. I would probably go with a used machine as I don't think my budget will stretch to a new one. I have been reading about the Vutek GS 3200 but I don't know enough about all the other machines out there.

What machines do you have, would you recommend them and what would be you wish list?

Dan

AlsEU

Fujifilm Acuity with double table - print area is 2500 x 3050 mm. Specific model depends on a budget, but worth to check. Or Inca Onset - 1600 x 3200 mm. But here budget won't be low :)

NZ Arnie

Hi Dan,

We've looked at a variety of Flatbeds and run quite a few in the past. It depends on what kind of work, what your expectations are for output quality and speed and also local tech support.

I have a reasonably indepth spreadsheet that you can plug variables into that'll give you a good overview of actual costs of running various machines. Hit me up - glad to share.

Bang-for-buck/quality of build and tech support we've been incredibly impressed with the Handtop I've had in for 2 months - for what we do.

7,200m2 last month without even breaking a sweat and built like a tank. Not to mention VERY cost effective to run (NZD$1.18 ink cost per m2) LED cure lamps - work OK and adhesion is good. Capital cost beats anything we looked at for that quality. Kyocera KJ4A heads which have more benefits to drawbacks.

Running a sellable production 3-pass, I can run a bed of 2-up 1800x1200mm sheets (on a 3050x2020mm bed) in under 3 minutes.

I see you're in Sydney - do you want me to ask our supplier who supports it there?

Last edited:

Danskitt

Hi Arnie,

Thanks for the reply and I would definitely be interested to see your spread sheet, could you pm it to me?

The handtop looks interesting I have never heard of them before, what is the service and support like in NZ? Which model do you have?

We print a lot of pvc boards and can do a lot of coreflutes and foam boards as well. We tend to get a lot of fast turn around stuff and at the moment in an 8 hour day we can run around 50 full size 1220 x 2440 boards so I would certainly like to improve on that.

Dan

NZ Arnie

Hi Arnie,

Thanks for the reply and I would definitely be interested to see your spread sheet, could you pm it to me?

The handtop looks interesting I have never heard of them before, what is the service and support like in NZ? Which model do you have?

We print a lot of pvc boards and can do a lot of coreflutes and foam boards as well. We tend to get a lot of fast turn around stuff and at the moment in an 8 hour day we can run around 50 full size 1220 x 2440 boards so I would certainly like to improve on that.

Dan

I'm tidying up that spreadsheet now. I'll send it through.

We have really good service and support locally and from the factory.

Sounds as though we do the same kind of work. Foamed PVC and corflute on same-day/next-day delivery. We did a run of 35 sheets of 1200x1800mm 5mm corflute yesterday in 75minutes. And 11 sheets of 4mm PVC 1220x2440mm in 46 minutes on a higher quality.

We have the HT3020 k8 and have just ordered the hybrid 3200 with kyocera heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davecich

Good afternoon all.

If you like the OCE machine, or the CET Color machine, I encourage you to check out the Vanguard printer. Www.vanguarddigital.com. Faster, better quality, better ink, more reliable, and less money. Won best printer at SGIA for flatbeds between 100k and 200k. CET was my old company.

Thanks,

Dave

Danskitt

I'm tidying up that spreadsheet now. I'll send it through.

We have really good service and support locally and from the factory.

Sounds as though we do the same kind of work. Foamed PVC and corflute on same-day/next-day delivery. We did a run of 35 sheets of 1200x1800mm 5mm corflute yesterday in 75minutes. And 11 sheets of 4mm PVC 1220x2440mm in 46 minutes on a higher quality.

We have the HT3020 k8 and have just ordered the hybrid 3200 with kyocera heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow they sound like nice speeds, I could have done with it this week.

Do you know if they have a base in Sydney?

Danskitt

Good afternoon all.

If you like the OCE machine, or the CET Color machine, I encourage you to check out the Vanguard printer. Www.vanguarddigital.com. Faster, better quality, better ink, more reliable, and less money. Won best printer at SGIA for flatbeds between 100k and 200k. CET was my old company.

Thanks,

Dave

The cynic in me would think you would say that.

Do you have a base in Sydney?

chafro

The Swissqprint is the best flatbed printer ever made!! High output with a small number of print heads.

I say this after 2.5 years of none stop printing. Heavy commercial use, 24-7.

Slow it down and you have gallery quality prints. Sacrifice a little quality (not much) and you have a serious production printer with zero banding.
We have zero nozzles out to date, not even on the white.
3 tech visits, 4 downtime days in those 2.5 years only. Two of those visits our fault.
You have to love the flexibility of what you can print on because of its fix bed.
Roll to roll works very good.
Also it is so simply made that I see it lasting for many years, its a Zund that prints.

Last edited:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would rock this one! I'm biased because I worked with them but this is the closest quality to a Swiss Q that you can get for a reasonable price.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Fujifilm Acuity with double table - print area is 2500 x 3050 mm. Specific model depends on a budget, but worth to check. Or Inca Onset - 1600 x 3200 mm. But here budget won't be low :)
The Fujifilm Acuity is a rebranded Oce Arizona. There is no difference anyway except the colour and labels