• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what would cause this type of banding on an sp-300v?

Robert72

I also think it's ink starvation. Due to environment temperature or some other causes, the ink flow (usually the black) cannot cope with the printhead demand under high speeds. That's why when you changed the profile the problem gone. Sometimes, using the big dampers can help with the problem. I think the latest XJ and XC series have factory fitted big dampers.

Tim Aucoin

I have a rule here... Never, ever, under any circumstances use a profile that starts with "generic"! You're just asking for trouble! :omg:

B Snyder

I also think it's ink starvation. Due to environment temperature or some other causes, the ink flow (usually the black) cannot cope with the printhead demand under high speeds. That's why when you changed the profile the problem gone. Sometimes, using the big dampers can help with the problem. I think the latest XJ and XC series have factory fitted big dampers.

That's what I'm seeing. I don't see any "banding" in the pics. I see a few sections of the media that were printed with less ink than other sections. Looks like ink starvation just like the sample pics here.

AFAIK, "banding" is what happens when your head passes either overlap the previous pass too much or don't come close enough to it.

heavyt

yeah when I replaced my head I replaced all 4 dampners. Also Robert M has been great to deal with and has helped me every step of the way.