• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what would cause this type of banding on an sp-300v?

heavyt

I just replaced the head and its got a brand new ecosol black cart in it. Solid blacks print fine I'm using the SPEcoMH_genpvc1_v1080x1080.icc profile

When I replaced the head I replaced all dampners and captops.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 305

Sticky Signs

Is the print head continuously moving or does it pause from time to time? I get similar stuff when my printer pauses. Not sure why it pauses. Only seems to happen when I print really large files though.

heavyt

sticky-its continuous printing bidirectional

snyder-i'll look that up thanks it seems to only happen with the black really

rydaddy- direction? and what temps? on the heater config? What temps should they be at?

heavyt

decided to come into the shop to take a look its just bugging me, its still banding and I've lowered the heater temps I also looked at the lines for ink starvation and ther eis no air in the lines and the dampners were just replaced this week. its not doing it on the flames but just on the black.

heavyt

ok weird so like its barely noticeable like I see it but unless you know its there you don't really see it.

I took a picture with flash and without the flash shows the banding but it slike only a reflective light banding in reg light without a flash etc it doesn't really show.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 310

Donny7833

Having almost the exact same type of banding on my GS6000.

Can only see it with a flashlight or with reflection running 8 pass 720x720 or 720x1440, pretty much disappears with lamination.

Sticks out like a sore thumb on 6 pass 540x720 or 720x720, still very visable with lamination.

Only see it in blacks or dark colors containing a lot of black. Epson tech came out and said nothings wrong with the machine, but he couldn't get it to stop banding either.

I'll post a solution if I get one. I know your running a Roland, but maybe it will help your situation as well.

axgillette

In the old days, and even still now we would call this print head clogs. Is there a cleaning you can do prior to printing?

If it does it on the black, it's doing it on the flames too. You just cannot see it due to the colors. Try cleaning the print heads and see if that works.

The other thing that it can be is corrupt drivers. Delete the plotter from the system, reboot, then go back and install a fresh copy of the drivers without the plotter being hooked up to the system. If you leave it hooked up, then it will find the old drivers and use those instead. Also i recommend getting the latest drivers for it from the website. Just to make sure you have the latest.

This kind of printing is normally caused by one of those two factors. The last one might be the print head might be bad. But do the cheap thing first before you jump onto something bigger and more expensive.

Futura Signs

I have the same machine / problem.
we got a simple fix for ours at the moment.

Make sure it dosent have to pull vinyl of the roll.... so unroll some previous to having it print.

That solved our problem. it's been over 3 months... the minute we don't pull out some vinyl more of that type of banding occurs.

axgillette

Then what these are having is a traction problem. Something that you will need to take up with Roland support. Reason being is because it is a defect on the machine and it needs to be addressed by either firmware upgrade, or parts replacement. The more complains they get about it, the higher the chance of it being fixed.

heavyt

actually I got it fixed, what happened was it wasn't a feed problem in versaworks I had it set on generic vinyl 1 I set it to glossy photo paper and it fixed the problem. I also changed the color profile but it still had a problem with that profile until I changed it to glossy photo paper.

Thanks for everyone help. I really appreciate it.