• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would cause this?

Bigcat_hunter

I printed the same file twice back to back. On the first print the blue is crisp. On the second the blue is a faded hue. I did a nozzle check and everything is ok but now it prints like this. The picture is hard to tell but the blue is more of a grey on the right.

I have two 1204's and I printed the file on the other printer and the blue is crisp. Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Attachments

• IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1480.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 92

BigPrintn

I'm sure you've checked but just in case not. -- Only thing I can think of... Double check your profiles you printed in??

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Make sure that you don't have cross contamination in the nozzle check. Just because the nozzles are there doesn't mean they are printing the correct color.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Compare the nozzle check from the printer that is working to the printer that isn't working. You should have the same colors in both tests. If you don't than you have ink that mixed in the channel. The other way to tell is to print the printer's Palette test out on both printers on the same media. If they both look the same than the printer isn't the issue and the problem is from the computer. You can print the palette test by pressing Menu > Down to Test Print > Right Arrow Key > Up until the printer says Palette > Press Enter.

Bigcat_hunter

Could it be the file? I just printed some of my files with rich hue's and they look great. This was a customer supplied flexi file that I am printing for another decal shop.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To me, it looks like two rips were sent. While your crop marks are the same size, the graphics are not. So, it either is a different file or it had to be re-set. It also looks like the yellow got bumped way up as everything has a much more yellow cast to it. The reds are somewhat orange-y and the grey is a warmer tone, along with the blue not being as brilliant. Perhaps, someone touched a yellow booster without realizing it or the second file was sent wrong

Bigcat_hunter

Hmmm... I had to re-size the file to a larger version for the second print so there was a change. But I then closed without saving anything, re-opened the file and printed again with the same faded colors?